adult size of ...?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #1
ted zalewski
adult size of ...??

what is the average adult size of an adult male suriname and/or guyana boa constrictor???

Old 12-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
Don't know about an average size, but they do get a little bigger than BCI males. My moms reached almost 9 ft. and her female was close to 11 ft. Don't know if they all do though, these were spoiled rotten pets.

Rick

Old 02-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Vinny D
male surinames can get up to 10 foot and the same with guyanas it usually just depends on the locality of the snake but in my experience adult males usually get around 6' to 7.5' give or take hope this helps

Old 02-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
in my experience adult males usually get around 6' to 7.5' give or take
I'm inclined to say that the average adult male would be larger than that

Old 02-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Vinny D
that is true. but with alout of localities males can ucusally only get to about only that size. i have seen much bigger about 11' is the largest male I have ever seen. but im sure they can probly exceed that. thanks

Old 02-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #6
hhmoore
make up your mind, Vin...you said they get to 6-7.5 ft, then agreed that the average length would be larger than that, then reversed yourself, then stated that you have seen much bigger. If you wanna pass yourself off as some sort of locality BCC guru, try making a claim and sticking to it

Old 03-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #7
Vinny D
all i was saying is that the average adult size suri's I HAVE SEEN were about 6 - 7 1/2' at the ages of 4-6yrs, but i know they can get larger. it all depends on the locality and feeding and proper husbandary of the snake. thats all i was saying. sorry if i wrote it to where you though i was changing my mind. thanks

Old 03-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #8
ericfire
Talking keep an open mind

lets not argue guys
different people have different experiences with boas
you cant expect someone to know for sure what the average size is without
extensive experience or reliable statistics

remember we are just here to try and help each other out from our own experiences ,not many of us are experts here, especially with the way breeding changes all aspects of the boas on the market today.
thanks
Eric

Old 03-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #9
hhmoore
My mind is usually pretty open...and my guess is that Vinny's is also. But just to keep up my contradictory image, there are quite a few experts here...even more if you count the self-professed, lol.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #10
ericfire
Talking too funny

i like you sense of humor
and for that here is some karma.
iwasnt trying to take anything away from the experts that are here
but
well ,you can see my point i'm sure .
he was only trying to help
man i sound like a bleeding heart
bla bla bla
ok im off to another thread
Eric

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!