Josh Lassiter - SCAM ARTIST! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #21
Chameleon Company
Sorry, but while "fraud" is possible to have occurred, it can't be proven without a confession from one party, or affidavits from those who would have inside knowledge of such. The criminal prosecution of it isn't going to happen here, cause there isn't a law enforcement or DA's office anywhere thats going to waste a minute here. Those of you that would argue such need to study up on it a bit first. The TSE thread was long in explaining such, and even there, the ability to mount a criminal fraud prosecution was based on affidavits from more than 10 people who received nothing for their money, not those who received "hets" with or without paperwork, etc. As a civil complaint, if one party wanted to spend enough money on an attorney to try to bring one, the cost would far exceed the potential recovery. It all just demonstrates, once again, that the applicable law is "buyer beware". And the "loser" in such a case is not automatically burdened with the winner's legal costs. In most cases, that is nonsense as well for a host of good reasons. There are those of us who feel that someone should only engage in the acquisition of hets from known entities with a track record, and that wisdom is once again endorsed by what happened here. The BOI is littered with people's accounts of being burned like this, and there will be more. You can report this to the BBB, sites such as this, the site in which the animals may have been originally advertised, etc. But in this case, there is no legitimate "legal option" Sorry.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #22
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Sorry, but while "fraud" is possible to have occurred, it can't be proven without a confession from one party, or affidavits from those who would have inside knowledge of such. The criminal prosecution of it isn't going to happen here, cause there isn't a law enforcement or DA's office anywhere thats going to waste a minute here. Those of you that would argue such need to study up on it a bit first. The TSE thread was long in explaining such, and even there, the ability to mount a criminal fraud prosecution was based on affidavits from more than 10 people who received nothing for their money, not those who received "hets" with or without paperwork, etc. As a civil complaint, if one party wanted to spend enough money on an attorney to try to bring one, the cost would far exceed the potential recovery. It all just demonstrates, once again, that the applicable law is "buyer beware". And the "loser" in such a case is not automatically burdened with the winner's legal costs. In most cases, that is nonsense as well for a host of good reasons. There are those of us who feel that someone should only engage in the acquisition of hets from known entities with a track record, and that wisdom is once again endorsed by what happened here. The BOI is littered with people's accounts of being burned like this, and there will be more. You can report this to the BBB, sites such as this, the site in which the animals may have been originally advertised, etc. But in this case, there is no legitimate "legal option" Sorry.
Jim's explanation is precise.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #23
repticulture
Legal action

Thank you to everyone who has posted a reply to this issue, I greatly appreciate it!

Now, I'm going to appropriately respond to "Josh" (I highly doubt that's his real name, as I've said he's called ME Josh more than once - and when I confronted him about calling me his own name, he said nothing but laughed).

Josh,

You said that YOU sent me the paperwork, in a box for some reason, but when I tracked down Susan Lassiter and she gave me your "girlfriend's" (Heather) phone number, SHE told me that she "accidentally" sent an empty box. She then apologized and said that she would ship the snakes immediately; and I received 6 females the next day.

I waiting all day with my door open, as I always do when I'm expecting snakes to arrive, for a delivery and nothing ever came. Furthermore, I NEVER received ANY type of notification that a package was waiting to be picked up by me at the post office. And regardless of all that, you were suppose to be sending me snakes, not an empty box or a box with paperwork. You haven't even tried to explain that one.

And how in the world does it make ME a scammer by not picking up a box with paperwork?? You recieved my snakes on time with no problems. I'm the one who had to wait another day before I received your snakes, and I STILL don't have any paperwork!

You are right about one thing, while on the phone with you I did curse at you. I cursed at you AFTER realizing that you were a scammer just playing games with me. You sat there on the phone with me while I showed much concern about receiving paperwork and just made stuff up about you and I being in business together (Black Jack Herps - a name you said you just made up) and that I can't sell the hets to anyone else because the "guarantee" was between us only. ANYONE in this industry who was treated like a fool over a $4,000+ deal would be cursing at you. But threatening you is something I never did. The only thing I so-called threatened you about was that I would be showing up on your doorstep with authorities, prosecuting you and everyone involved. But trust me, that's not a threat, that's a promise.

Regarding one of the Mojaves being a male instead of a female. At this point, I don't believe a word you say. However, I still apologized and offered to replace it with a female if YOU SHIPPED "HIM" BACK FIRST. Your reply was telling me that it's too risky and that I would have to ship the female first. Do you honestly think I'm going to ship you ANOTHER Mojave!? You're crazy! And didn't I prove to be an honest person by shipping first in the begining??

Bottom line "Josh," our deal is off and you need to send me back my snakes in the same condition as I sent them in. Once I receive them, I will have them checked by a vet immediately and if they are in good shape, I will immediately ship you back your snakes (to which I have been feeding regularly and that are doing just fine). If you don't want to comply, further incriminating yourself, then I will have no choice but to proceed with legal actions. I just sent you an email stating this and it's now posted here as well. I'll give you until the end of the week, which is plenty of time, to decide whether or not you want to make things right or face prosecution. I can only hope you do the right thing.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Old 09-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #24
repticulture
Update

I called Josh's mother at her place of business (who/where the snakes I sent were received) and told her that I didn't want to involve her, but since she was the one who received the snakes and I don't have any contact information on him, that I had no choice and she was unfortunately an accessory.

(The cell phone that he used was his mothers, according to her)

I politely asked her for her son's information and she said that she didn't know where he lived and that he has no telephone. I then stressed to her that the police will be either going to his house or her work, her choice. And she said that she will call him and tell him this.

* * * Below is Josh's latest email to me (after speaking to his mother):

Robert,

This all could go round and round forever at this rate so here is what
I will I do. I want you to apologize for harassing my mother, She couldn't
point out a ball python from a black racer. She simply received a package
because I wasn't going to be available and didn't want it to sit outside for
an undetermined amount of time. Other then that I am willing to just have
things between us be done.
I will ship out the paperwork *again* (from the original shipping) as soon
as that is done. I just want to make things right. I hope that we can keep
it civil now and refrain from the accusations and threats, because that
isn't the way to do business.

Josh

* * * And here is my response * * *

Josh,

I will not only apologize to your mother for calling her at her place of
business and having to involve her in this (you leave me no choice but to
involve her), but I will also try my best to reverse the outcome/give you
a good name on the message boards... IF you return my animals, reversing
our deal. And you can trust that I'll put as much effort on doing these
two things as I am putting on reversing our transaction.

I simply don't appreciate one bit the way you treated me the entire time
we were on the phone together (hence my frustration and anger). You made
things up (Black Jack Herps), played games with me (mentioning Crypto,
etc.), and tried to spin things around. If you didn't do any of this, I
"might" have believed that you are a legitimate breeder. However, from all
that has happened (especially not being able to prove that you have a
breeder male Pied), I no longer feel that you sent me 100% het females.
And just like anyone in my position, there is no other way to end this but
to reverse the transaction and send each other our snakes back.

So, let me know when you're sending them back (I'll have to give you a new
address, as I have moved since) and I'll make sure to be there to accept
them. Once I have them in my posession and feel that they are in good
shape, I will immediately ship your snakes, that have been well taken care
of, back.

I have already proved to you that I am an honest person by sending you 3
very expensive snakes before receiving anything from you. And not only do
I have a legitimate business with a reputable name that I would not
jeopardize, but I can provide you with MANY well-known top breeders in the
reptile industry who will gladly vouche for my honesty.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thanks.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Old 09-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #25
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by repticulture
I called Josh's mother at her place of business (who/where the snakes I sent were received) and told her that I didn't want to involve her, but since she was the one who received the snakes and I don't have any contact information on him, that I had no choice and she was unfortunately an accessory.

(The cell phone that he used was his mothers, according to her)

I politely asked her for her son's information and she said that she didn't know where he lived and that he has no telephone. I then stressed to her that the police will be either going to his house or her work, her choice. And she said that she will call him and tell him this.
C'mon Josh. Mom doesn't know where you live?

Where are the answers to the questions I asked?

Old 09-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #26
Chameleon Company
Seems more than the paper mill stinks in Franklin !!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #27
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Seems more than the paper mill stinks in Franklin !!
Evidently you've been there. Just thinking about that smell makes me want to

Old 09-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #28
vinnybocknyg
There is no question Josh Lassiter is a piece of garbage and I hope he realizes how many people read this BOI and wont be doing any bussiness with him ever. If he wasnt up to anything he would have just reversed the trade....WHAT A LOSER!!
The worst part is next season will be my first breeding season and stories like this really ruin it for all the rookies......

Old 09-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #29
repticulture
Good will always conquer evil...

Hey Vincent,

I know hearing stories about dishonest people out there discourages you, but don't let that get you down. Everybody gets what they deserve (good or bad), eventually; there's no escaping it. I encourage you to continue on with your interests and/or possible passion. Good people will ALWAYS outnumber the bad people in the world.

...as for Josh. I've been doing some investigating and I've gathered quite a bit of information (a lot more than they're comfortable with). Of course I can't make everything public, but I can say this - he's 30+ years old and still lives with his mom. So you calling him a loser fits him perfectly.

UPDATE:

I've tried calling him, emailing him, and leaving voicemail. He's pretty much decided to ignore me now. I'm sure he thinks it will all just boil over. But I've got other plans.

Also, I wanted to point out a very important fact that truly reveals his dishonesty: If you've all noticed, one thing he has yet to do is try to back up his snakes as being actual hets. It's the basic laws of interrogation... when someone is questioned for lying and they say/do everything BUT persistently try to back their story 100%, they're lying. Josh has yet to even try to claim that they are indeed 100% hets. He simply continues to try and spin things around and "wiggle off the hook". You're caught Josh, give it up.

I'm definitely not letting this one go. I'll continue on him for as long as it takes. And I'll continue to offer a way out by sending my snakes back.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #30
repticulture
Josh's response

Here's Josh's latest email to me... obviously he doesn't want to participate here.

Robert,

I see that you think I am just waiting for it all to blow over, however
that is not the case. I sent you all the animals and papers that I said I
would from the begining. You stated on the message board that I am trying
to "wggle" but that isn't so either, I have just tried to point out to you
that you were given everything but chose not to pick it all up. I am glad
that you have all the snakes and they are in great shape. I can tell from
your actions that you will provide a great home for the animals. It would
have been truly a tragedy if they would have been left at a depot to die.
As far as the mojaves, who stated that I still have them? I do
buy/sell/trade animals more then one time a year, as I am sure you do. I
wish you all good things in your breeding endeavors even though this was a
bumpy road we have been on.

* * * And my response * * *

Josh,

You continue to say that you sent me proper paperwork, but yet I still do
not have that paperwork in my hands. You also continue to claim that I did
not pick up the paperwork from the post office, and I've told you MANY
times that I was never informed that I had a package waiting for me to be
picked up. Why you sent spent $25 sending paperwork in a box is far beyond
any reasoning. However, if a mistake was made (on either parties fault)
with the paperwork, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that I have the
proper paperwork to go along with the snakes in question.

I stated that you're trying to wiggle your way off the hook because you
CONTINUE to not take responsibiulity and avoid sending me the paperwork.
But that's just half of it. The other half is that ALL of your actions and
statements make it plainly obvious that you're a fraud. And regardless of
how long this takes, justice will be had. Even if I have to raise these
females up and breed them to my Piebald to prove that you are a fraud, I
will do that. I wonder what you'll say when I get absolutley no Piebalds
from 6 supposedly 100% het Pied females bred to my Piebald male(?). I
could only imagine what you'll come up with then.

Now, you've hinted the fact that you may not have the Mojaves anymore. If
that's the case, you'll simply have to provide me with the name and
contact info of the person who has the stolen property; simple. You'll
just be getting more people involved is all. That's on you.

Please let me know when you'll be sending my snakes back. Thanks.

P.S. I've got a local VA investigator already tailing you and your mother.
I'll be calling Susan soon to provide her with some names of yet other
parties she's involved.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!