Pictures of my snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-14-2006, 03:23 PM   #1
simple_minded
Pictures of my snake

This is the garter snake I caught last week. I'm still not sure whether it's a boy or a girl. Can anybody help? I know probbing is the most accurate way to tell, but there's no place to get it probbed around here. And I don't know anyone who owns snakes.

^-This was right after I caught it, and it was tame already.

^-Curled up on my bed with its little head poking out. So cute.

^-This was me trying to get a tongue pic and failing.

^-And a tail pic, hopefully someone can tell if it's male or female? I hate to keep calling it an it.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
Bella17
I could be totally backwards on this one.. but i thought males had the longer tail so they can wrap around the female to mate.. So id say "its" a little "fella"!! did you get a name yet??

michelle

Old 06-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
simple_minded
I counted the scales below the vent and I got 64 pairs. I dont know if this is any help. And the snake is a little over 2 ft in length.

No, I didn't name it yet. I wanted to wait till i find out whether it's a boy or a girl. I thought about giving it a neutral name, but I couldn't think of any good ones.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:56 AM   #4
sfaoldguy
http://www.gartersnake.co.uk/mainten...exing%20snakes

Hope this link helps... Looks like a female when compared to this sites illustrations of using tail appearance to sex garter snakes... Since you can see the tail better than a pic can show, you should be able to tell a little better...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!