Inquiry Fred kick??? I need some help please! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
scarnicom
Fred kick??? I need some help please!

So I am totally up in the air with this guy. I am so very tempted to buy some unbeatable priced hets that he has for sale, but I'm getting nothing but mixed signals from this guy, as am also hearing but good and bad.
I'm inquiring mostly on the part of him being trustworthy as he guarantees the genetics of his animals, after beating around the bush and avoiding my question several times, I finally get
" yes guaranteed 100% they were produced at my facility."
Which after the two or three times it took him to answer me threw up a red flag.
I am just looking for some information on him, some good advice from someone who delt with him or jus anybody with any useful information please! I thank you for your help and time for reading

Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Southern Wolf
so stick with your gut and look elsewhere. If red flags were thrown up... then dont try to override them. It's not worth it.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
gixxer3420
Stick with your gut feeling.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
RJK890
Fred Kick has been around for quite some time now.
There should be several people that have bought hets from him in the past that have proven out, one way or the other.
I would try to find those replies later in this thread, and of course consider any other feedback from people that have had previous transactions with him before deciding to purchase from him or not.

You are probably going to get many replies like the second and third post in this thread already, and I would not base my decision on them.
(No offense meant to the two members that posted those replies.)

Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
TheDream
In all honesty, if you can't find a breeder who will take the time to fully address your questions and take the time to provide you with a detailed answer, then I would say look elsewhere.

A good breeder takes the time to address a customer, it also shows character and gives you confidence that the breeder puts forth the effort, knowledge and care needed to properly care for snakes.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
farfrumugen
i own a black pastel female and a spider female from fred kick. both were healthy and eating great right from the start. last time i was in the retail store was about 2 years ago and all looked good except for a few cages that were dirty. i myself would buy hets from him as long as paperwork is provided(with photo). no paperwork no purchase
adam jeffery

Old 12-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
Focal
From what I have learned from here, if they are gonna give you a hard time before you buy, imagine the service after you buy. This might not be the case, but I would kick my self in the butt up and down the road if those flags went off and I bought and got screwed. Some times the extra money is worth the piece of mind.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
David Reid
They are on my "Do not buy from list" for various reasons. Do your research, and then buy from one of the good guys out there. Keep the good guys in business! Each dime you send to suspect breeders or sellers, keeps them in business longer. We should want to keep the good guys in business, not the suspect sellers.

Dave

Old 12-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
chongorojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
They are on my "Do not buy from list" for various reasons. Do your research, and then buy from one of the good guys out there. Keep the good guys in business! Each dime you send to suspect breeders or sellers, keeps them in business longer. We should want to keep the good guys in business, not the suspect sellers.

Dave
run away as fast as your fingers can type..

Old 12-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
bullies&balls
All I can say is that we see them every month. Some of their animals look incredible others not so much. I got my son a baby boa from them last year at a show. It regurg and had mites. Said something to him at the next show nad he totally blew me off. All I can tell you is that we were doing this way before he was into any ball morphs and really not a heck of a lot has changed. IMO

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!