What is this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #1
juniperblossom
What is this?

My husband bought me this awesome little hognose yesterday (I didn't know, and I've been wanting one forever) and today while I was saying hello to this cute, I noticed these spots. We have several other reptiles and I've never seen anything like this. I'm pretty upset about this and I'm thinking a vet visit is in order (even if this isn't serious). I would love some advice and opinions on how to handle this situation. Thank you.

And one more because she's cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
Valkea
Can you get better pics without dirt on them? I'm having trouble seeing the spots you're referring to vs substrate on her.

Unless you mean like, the black scales? One under her jaw and one in the other pic?

Old 08-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #3
Beyond GenetiX
The one on the neck doesn't look like a scale. A better picture would be good.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
Valkea
Yeah it almost looks like something attached like a tick would? I just wasn't sure what else to call it without just repeating "black thing" haha.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #5
juniperblossom
Hi! Sorry I haven't gotten back. We ended up just going to the vet. She has something like stuck in her scale on her neck and the vet thought she has some injuries from lack of prior care (he's thinking someone dropped her or something like that) and we have to go back after her next shed. I'm sorry I didn't get back with everyone sooner! He is going to remove whatever is in her neck after her shed, if it doesn't come out. He thinks soaking her and keeping her extra sterile will help her heal up fast. He didn't want to risk making things worse for the baby unless we have to. On an unrelated note we were the silliest people in the vets office with our little snek that didn't want to go in her box. She sat still on my hubby's hand the whole time and didn't even flinch at the dogs. Here are a few more pics. If you have any advice for us let me know. Thank you all so much!

Lump is off left side

These are a little blurry but you can see her spot. I can get some more pics when my hubs is home and I can mess with her w/o my small human helping thank you all so much!!

Old 08-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
Valkea
Eek poor thing! Great decision going to the vet. I hope your little one heals up quickly

Old 08-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #7
juniperblossom
I know, I feel so bad. I'm glad we got her though. I know we will do everything we can for her to help her heal. She's so sweet too. It like kills me that someone wasn't tending to her appropriately. Like she is so calm and nice. Thank you so much. I'll keep y'all updated. I hoping in a few weeks we will really see a difference.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #8
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperblossom View Post
I know, I feel so bad. I'm glad we got her though. I know we will do everything we can for her to help her heal. She's so sweet too. It like kills me that someone wasn't tending to her appropriately. Like she is so calm and nice. Thank you so much. I'll keep y'all updated. I hoping in a few weeks we will really see a difference.
You're talking about this spot, right?
Name:  fde164e79aaedc9e21792f377ec83845.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  83.5 KB

Old 08-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #9
juniperblossom
Yes. I am

Old 08-21-2016, 06:11 PM   #10
JButera
I've read what the vet said but it really looks like a dead tick and that subcutaneous lump may be an infection caused by the tick.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!