Remember when... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
Art Klass
Remember when...

For those of you old enough to remember those old nature shows like Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom, did you ever notice that the snake always lost? The prey always got away. The hawk always ate the snake. The snake never tagged the mongoose and the croc always missed the antelope.

Things sure have changed. Reptiles rule the nature programs these days. I thought of this tonight when I saw a commercial with an alligator snatching a fawn from the edge of the water. I laughed out loud and my family just stared at me. I thought it was great.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
shrap
Yeah I remember when Mutual of Omaha and 2 vague books at the library was all the information you could find on reptiles. Particularly reptiles from outside the USA. You basically had to research the weather patterns of the region your herp came from and then just wing it and cross your fingers.

The good old days weren't always good.....

Old 03-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
dqreps
That show was great....

I wish i could find some old footage of it. There was another one, Lorne Green's Wilderness (is the name correct?). I really liked that one to. He was a pretty good narrator.

Dallas Quarles

Old 03-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
Art Klass
Quote:
I wish i could find some old footage of it. There was another one, Lorne Green's Wilderness (is the name correct?). I really liked that one to. He was a pretty good narrator.
I remember that one. I lived for those shows. It's all we had then.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #5
dqreps
Yeah...

I was pretty young back then and I remember how excited I would be when the weekend came and these shows were on. Those were the days. But who would have guessed it would go where it has gone now. Animals are on about every channel now in one form or another, lol.

Dallas Quarles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!