Any plans for a rack that will hold bloods? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
Jake The Snake
Any plans for a rack that will hold bloods?

Does anyone have any plans for a rack system that will hold an adult blood python?

Old 02-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
Chris_Harper2
Iris CB-110 box

Probably the best box for blood pythons would be the Iris CB-110. I suppose even then there will be females from certain locals that might be snug in something this size. The box itself is about 39"x20"x6" but with the thick rim, reinforced floor and raised feet the inside dimensions are smaller. I think less than 36" x 16" x 5.5". You can e-mail Eric at reptiletubs.com and get the exact measurments if that concerns you.

The only plans I can think of for that box are those posted at:

http://arbreptiles.com/cages/iris_rack/iris_rack.shtml

Otherwise, you can take other racks plans and modify them for the CB-110.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
Mark and Aimee
I'd be hesitant to keep blood pythons in anything less than a 12" tall cage. if you've ever fed an adult blood a decent sized meal, or seen bloods copulating, you'll quickly understand why this just wouldn't be possible in a 6" tall bin.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #4
Chris_Harper2
I agree...

I agree about the height. Big females even when they're not eating or copulating can coil themselves up more than 6". My biggest concern would be when they ovoposit and make themselves into a big mound around their eggs.

I assumed the orginal poster already considered this when considering a rack. I also don't know a lot about bloods and assume there are smaller forms?

Reptiletubs.com also sells that large Xmas tree box. Without the lid that box is a bit under 12". It's a very large box, though. Over 48".

Old 02-27-2005, 01:39 PM   #5
Jake The Snake
I looked into that huge bin too. I may do that and make a rack for boas and bloods!!! I want to do the 4x2 cage on http://www.arbreptiles.com/cages/4x2.shtml and stacking 3 high. Might not me sturdy though!!!! Could I use cages that are 3' deep by 3' long by 2' high for bloods and boas?

Old 03-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #6
Mark and Aimee
Here's what we use for our Bloods and Boas -

And here's a link for cage plans...

http://users.adelphia.net/~bergerm/cageplans.htm

Old 03-08-2005, 05:54 PM   #7
NewEnglandReptile
Freedom Breeder racks work very well, too.

I use these sizes for my various adults & have had great results:

Freedom Breeder "three across" Rack
Freedom Breeder "two across" Rack
Freedom Breeder 48" Rack

HTH!

KLG

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!