hybrid albino nelson to an hypo tangerine hondo - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
germanguy45
hybrid albino nelson to an hypo tangerine hondo

I'm fairly new to the breeding part but next year I. Want to get into breeding I was wondering if I bred my male albino nelson to my female hypo tangerine honduran what would I get from the clutch of eggs?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
~Just Curious~
I'm not a milk person, but I'm fairly sure you'd just get wildtype integrades that are all 100% het for both albino and hypo. Those color morphs are simple recessive, so both parents would have to carry the genes for any of the offspring to visually express it. Otherwise they'd all just be normal looking hidden carriers for it.
I'm not familiar with the tangerine trait, but if they're line bred for it then I suppose there's a chance their offspring may have more orange in the white bands... Someone else is going to have to answer that one, because I'm not sure of the genetics behind it.

Like I said before, I don't personally work with milks, I don't know how most keepers in those circles feel about this - but a lot of times folks don't see a good reason for it and won't support crosses between subspecies, so they'd probably be harder to sell. Just my opinion, but you'd probably be better off buying another of the same subspecies if you want to breed. Especially when you're just starting out, you may have some questions and find you'll have a harder time troubleshooting since that pairing isn't very common.
Also you may want to look for another visual if you're hoping to see some morphs in your first clutch right away.

Honestly not trying to be a wet blanket here, but if you do go through with this cross breeding, make sure beforehand that you can provide individual housing and care for all of those hatchlings for however long it takes before they sell.

Best of luck to you~

Old 03-26-2012, 02:27 AM   #3
germanguy45
I'm not plan on selling them and yea I would provide a nice good home I was just curious I was thinking that the orange would be more of an whiter orange but would be interestering but thanks for the help took awhile for some one to give an opion

Old 03-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanguy45 View Post
I'm fairly new to the breeding part but next year I. Want to get into breeding I was wondering if I bred my male albino nelson to my female hypo tangerine honduran what would I get from the clutch of eggs?

You would then produce more problem offspring for the hobby to deal with. Pefect case point for this argument.

~Doug