Ed Braaten (Thomison) Flying W Reptiles - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:04 PM   #81
royalkreationz
Yes John I Have.

While I was in Rose Hill, I met a friend of Ed's wife's family. That person was in the possession of one of Ed's vehicles doing some repair work at the time. I asked him if he would be willing to ship the snake back to me if Ed gave it to him. He told me he would, and that I could reimburse him for the package when the snake arrived safely. I told Ed that he could do this and not have to have any contact with me. Also, if I am not mistaken, Rick Carrick offered Ed help to clear his name but Ed quit answering his phone calls and emails.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #82
David Reid
The shipping situation makes total sense! I actually have done the same thing, a last minute purchase from someone who was getting snakes already shipped to them.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #83
Suncoast Herpetological
This is for Rick Carrick

Rick

In your conversations with Ed did he ever speak on the details of the deal or acknowledge that he was sent the Mojave? Did he ever mention owing the $700?

If he did not, then this one devolves down to a case of "He Said, He Said". Without any documentation on either side, there is not a lot in the way of options.

His chest beating neanderthal behaviour not withstanding, Jody's story actually rings reasonably true. Unfortunately, that does not constitute proof in any court that i am aware of. I have a feeling that Ed has figured that out and has gotten a free animal out of it. I have to say, that is a lousy way to expand your collection.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #84
royalkreationz
Unbiased opinion Crotalus?

I think the insanity thing started here because of one person. If you read all the threads, there was never anyone calling me insane until I made the post about Dr. Owens. People did say I was wrong for making the phone calls, and I didn't disagree. I stated that I did that to try to scare him in wanting to complete the deal ASAP so I would leave him alone. Again, I was wrong and I know it.

The opinions stated by people calling me insane were the direct result of one person insinuating that I had an alcohol or drug problem and calling me a fruitloop. So, I think it was merely a case of people being followers and not leaders.

Dr. Owens apologized to me for what he said, and I accept it and forgive and go on, but others don't know when to stop. I am fed up with all the name calling, insults, and insinuations against me. I am frustrated and pissed off and have said threatening things, but I was raised not to take any crap off people and so I don't. That is why I acted harshly against Ed for screwing me over. Was it right, not in the opinion of most here, but that's how I handle business. You can ask anyone that knows me and they would tell you that I will give you the shirt off my back or the last dollar in my pocket, and gave four families the organs of my 4 year old who died in a car wreck. But, know this and take it to the bank, if someone tries to screw me over they have started something they wished they never had. Just ask Ed.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #85
Serafim
Jody

alot of us here have been in your shoes with losing money. Its the way that you are going about things that leads people to think you have issues. I can understand your angry and your pride is hurt cause you got ripped off. Its natural. But the same people you are butting heads with in this thread are the same guys that go out of their way to try and help. Take some free advice. Step back and look at things from our eyes. If it was one of us posting in the manner you are what would you think? We are not all against you. I agree you got ripped off and Ed should man up and Do whats right..

Old 12-26-2007, 11:44 PM   #86
John E Dove
Mr. Barnes to me you come across as a bully who never learned how to resolve disagreements other than by jumping on those who did not go along with you 100% and pounding the pud out of them.
I was about to offer my services to assist in a return exchange if Mr Braaten were willing since I seem to be equidistant from both of you and you indicated your willingness to accept such an exchange but since you feel the need for a return to incivility I'll just wish you the best in the Kansas Courts where I doubt you stand a chance of winning anything with no evidence to offer.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #87
royalkreationz
Thanks

I see where you are coming from. I just don't take well to people doing me wrong because I don't do others wrong. I do what I say and am a man of my word and expect nothing less from anyone else.

At the end of the day, I guess it's all words on the screen, and most of us don't know each other personally so that part of the deal I will just take with a grain of salt.

I will continue to answer questions in regards to the transaction, but will offer no insults or insinuations to others and ask that I be treated the same way in return.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #88
rick c
In my conversations with Ed, he would not go into details due to an upcoming court hearing (something to do with his kids). He was really stuck on the phone messages, and honestly once I heard those messages I was a little concerned myself, and I said so in an earlier post. Ed did tell me he received the animals in good shape, he had to take care of his court case ( the above mentioned), then he would make this deal right.
I told him I would help him any way I could, to keep his name from being tarnished this early in the hobby.
After talking to both sides, it is my opinion, this money is owed to Jodie Barnes. I have no proof, but sometimes when you talk to both parties, you get a feel for what's going on (gut instinct).
As for Mr. Barnes, he has had some tragic events in his life this past year, this doesn't excuse his behavior, but makes it more understandable.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #89
snakeman101172
regardless of mental state this clown owes him 700 or a snake. I have been to a doorstep this month as well. it worked out for me. the bottom line through all of this is jody has been ripped off and everyone wants his reaction to that to be civil. In my opinion that is why there are so many scammers out there. they prey on the fact that you will be the bigger man and it slides into the past. Just imagine if the days of being responsible for what you create come back. even if jody is a loon, ed would not have to deal with this loon if he acted professionally. there are many nuts in the world, so Ed why create a situation to bring one to your door ? Ed, you played the odds and lost on this one. you tried to punk the wrong person. good luck to you Jody, but I have to agree that court will get you nothing but wasted time and more irratation.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #90
royalkreationz
Thanks Scott

That is what I have felt all along.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!