Apt Fire - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
mgoblue347
I bought the heat tape pre connected from reptile basics. Just receive it in the mail the afternoon before the fire and installed it on the hatchling rack. The tubs slide over the heat tape. The rack was made by me entirely out of xpvc, 9 level 12qt. I greatly appreciate everyone's comments and concerns, thank you all so much.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
stevek123
So this was the new KOREAN heat tape, and not flexwatt from USA. what did yo have under the heat tape?

Old 08-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
HRoss
sorry for your loss. i have had flexwatt problems twice in the past. going to ambient only has been a great relief from that stress.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #14
Reptilemanshawn
So sorry to here about this

Old 08-17-2013, 02:58 AM   #15
morph evolution
did you lose the lemonblast you got from me brian? i am very sorry that this is happening to you.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #16
PlatinumRosePythons
I'm so sorry for your losses! This is my biggest fear when it comes to heating my critters.
Glad to hear it wasn't worse though!

Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
mgoblue347
There was nothing under the heat tape Steve, just heat tape with Aluminum foil tape over top.

Brian, the lemonblast female was burned on her face and is having some difficulty breathing, she does seem to be doing okay, she's moving around, tongue flicking, etc. I have been putting medicine on her burns but it is day to day. I noticed some saliva if you want to call it that coming out of her mouth and can hear her breathing, I am hoping she pulls through. I greatly appreciate your support as well as everyone elses.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
joshjtd
Very sorry to hear this I hope things get better for you.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #19
TigerLily315
That is terrible, im so sorry you've had to go through this. I hope the one's that were saved recovery. I wish you and your family the best.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #20
stevek123
Damn I feel so bad for your snakes Brian. I really hope the injured ones can pull through OK.
At one time I called Calorique the flexwatt mfg in MA, not the Korean stuff you have. I posted my info on this forum. They repeatedly told me that aluminum tape is the worst thing you can use around your heat tape. What it does is provide a heat sink. It's possible that you had an excess build up of heat trapped btw the foil tape and your heat tape. The plastic protective coating melted and things just got worst. Plus, I was told electricity can arc through the plastic into the aluminum tape. I researched plenty of tapes trying to find an alternative that would not leave a sticky residue and was relatively inexpensive. I stumbled upon tyvek tape. Works great. and now that is all I use. FYI Calorique told me what you want to do in your racks it push or direct the heat upwards. Solution? Insulate under your heat tape or at a minimum put it under a white reflective surface, not black or metallic that will absorb the heat. I lay my tape on pink rigid insulation. Guess what. I now run my helix and herpstats 2 degrees cooler and get the same heat output as I did before I insulated. Again I feel terrible for those snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!