Bad Guy BEWARE OF RANDY MCDOWELL.. AKA THE SNAK SHOP. LAS VEGAS NAVADA - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #41
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I understand what you are saying, my perspective is that the seller can refund the money out of his own pocket, since he's the cause of this mess; no need to contact PayPal.
_
The reason I made the point is that sometimes, even in some situations where the seller does not want to refund, Paypal can compel it for a variety of reasons.
My second point is more ominous- because of the deposit and payment to a third party, Paypal will not intervene, and I'm wondering if it is possible that this payment setup was intentional by the seller?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #42
plankalkul
This should be a full refund: I've never seen an RI that disgusting in any of my chondros, even in ones that have died.

That was brewing long before you got it, JROD. Not your fault, that was a dead snake walkin'
At worst, it's seedy, scummy crap right there. At best, it's ignorant animal abuse.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #43
Jrodmanley
agreed, it was horrible, the snakes are truly the ones who did the most suffering here...!

Old 05-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #44
Jrodmanley
update, i have received the check, is in my hand.. thats a good start i think.
i have also offered for them two split the 770 into two payments one for 370 for the aru,and 400 for the biak. over a period of 2weeks or so.. to help working this out for them a little more easy.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #45
TheSnakeShop
Josh Bigham is not a co-owner he is a 15 year old volunteer. The snake he is talking about is a Emerald tree boa that is under our vet's care due to a tooth that came in sideways. Due to the fact this snake had been sold we wanted to make sure it was safe to ship him so our vet took him and he is being treated for precautions. Never once did we state the emerald looked like it was going to die! In fact the emerald is fine and is being re-turned to us this Thursday. The owner of the snake has been kept well informed about this matter. The Aru was eating fine for us and was checked by our vet before it was shipped and no problems where found. This Aru was shipped out to him well over a month and half ago. So after such a long time how are we the snake shop reasonable for the condition of his snake now? The Biak was also checked and again nothing found now 2 weeks after he had the snake he told us it passed away. Again how our we to be held reasonable for this? We have all our snakes checked by our vet and we pay for that our self's, I do not know of to many if any other reptile shops that do this. We as do most other reptile shops guarantee live arrival only. Has far as the return of the money he had down on a deposit I (Susan Lewis co-owner) returned that by mail on Monday in the full amount he had down. It sadness me to think he would write this about us when we have done so much for him as in low cost deals to make him happy. Again I would like to say both snakes were fine and healthy here at the shop before they were shipped out. Thank you to all our friends who have been calling us about this post!

Old 05-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #46
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Is this the place? I googled and came up with this:

Print - Link - Edit this place - Owner-verified listing

From a Google User
The Snake Shop
1717 South Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89102
(702) 215-2222 ‎
DirectionsSearch nearbymore
WRITE A REVIEW Upload a photo
Category: Pet Store
Transit: Decatur @ Oakey (S) (0.1 mi W) 103
3 reviews Your rating:

We sell Captive bred, and hand selected reptiles from around the world. All our reptiles come with a full one year guarantee! Come in and hold a reptile. Free health checks on your reptile. - From the owner
PhotosUpload a photo

yahoo.com

yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnakeShop View Post
live arrival only.
Strange. Must have been a mixup somewhere....

Old 05-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #47
Amelanistic Orca
They both looked like 'basket case' imports to me.. Do what you please Snake Shop, but, do you have proof of the bold part?

Quote:
Josh Bigham is not a co-owner he is a 15 year old volunteer. The snake he is talking about is a Emerald tree boa that is under our vet's care due to a tooth that came in sideways. Due to the fact this snake had been sold we wanted to make sure it was safe to ship him so our vet took him and he is being treated for precautions. Never once did we state the emerald looked like it was going to die! In fact the emerald is fine and is being re-turned to us this Thursday. The owner of the snake has been kept well informed about this matter. The Aru was eating fine for us and was checked by our vet before it was shipped and no problems where found. This Aru was shipped out to him well over a month and half ago. So after such a long time how are we the snake shop reasonable for the condition of his snake now? The Biak was also checked and again nothing found now 2 weeks after he had the snake he told us it passed away. Again how our we to be held reasonable for this? We have all our snakes checked by our vet and we pay for that our self's, I do not know of to many if any other reptile shops that do this. We as do most other reptile shops guarantee live arrival only. Has far as the return of the money he had down on a deposit I (Susan Lewis co-owner) returned that by mail on Monday in the full amount he had down. It sadness me to think he would write this about us when we have done so much for him as in low cost deals to make him happy. Again I would like to say both snakes were fine and healthy here at the shop before they were shipped out. Thank you to all our friends who have been calling us about this post!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #48
Untaimed
Well I know which NV snake shop I'll never do business with....
I think that proof that the snakes the OP received were in fact checked & passed with a clean bill of health by a vet prior to being shipped would be in order as well as an explanation on why the 2nd snake had blisters & scars covering it & the buyer wasn't notified. Also what's with the 1 year guarantee that now only covers (barely) live arrival?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #49
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
I (Susan Lewis co-owner)
Susan, if you are making these posts, you'll need to sign up for own account (it's free). Only one user allowed per account and the one you are posting from belongs to Randy. PM me if any questions about this.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #50
Jrodmanley
Screen shot of Josh GTP's health!

GTP's.. not ETB's no where does it say ETB's in this message. There are no ETB's in question here... For at proclaimed 15 year old voluteer, he is pretty smart.. At least even he can see that I've been morally wronged by Randy. Josh also specifically states as you can see that... when he "goes back to work.." NOT "VOLUNTEER"?
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!