Completely unexpected new arrivals. DUW! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
Charis
And here is Yellow #2, who has actually gotten quite a bit of new green in just two weeks.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #12
Charis
And then the Orange one, unfortunately it was just starting to shed. So I only snapped a few pictures. Will have to get a few more once he's done.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #13
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
With the juvies, just be really, really careful with them around handling.
I know nothing about GTPs as I do ball pythons, why the handling part, just curious?

Old 08-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
Charis
I am going to guess that he meant because with GTPs hatchlings to about one year old have delicate spines, delicate enough that most people don't sex them until they are a year old or more, since doing it when they are younger can cause them spinal kinks. Some breeders/keepers advocate not handling neonates at all, for fear of damaging their spines.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #15
Robert Walker
Very interesting, I had no clue, thanks for the info and great looking babies too!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
gila7150
Very beautiful! I've always been tempted to keep a chondro but haven't taken the plunge yet. One of these days I'd like to get one to keep in a naturalistic display enclosure. I almost picked one up at the Daytona Breeder's Expo after I struck out on what I was originally looking for. It's the first time I've ever come home from that show empty handed (my wife was pleased

Old 08-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #17
Charis
They are great snakes! Little temperamental, but since you keep porphs, you would probably love that with these guys. Definitely recommend getting a hair blow dryer for easy heating of their food though, if you get one. They can be quite picky about the exact temp their prey has to be before they will eat.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #18
gila7150
Good tip on the hair dryer. Temperamental doesn't bother me...A little challenge keeps things interesting.

By the way, the coxi I got from you is doing awesome. My daughter named her "Camaro" after one of my dream cars. See any resemblance?

Old 08-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #19
Charis
That's good to hear! What an awesome name! Just the tiniest bit of resemblance there ...

Old 08-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #20
FelixatRI
Beautiful pics... definitely a species I want to get...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!