GTP help please look.. Anal glad hanging out - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
LongBeachOGReptile
GTP help please look.. Anal glad hanging out

I just noticed that a giant glad is pretruding from her anus. At first it seemed to have poop coming out of it, now im noticing a liquid coming out.. Its been like this for about 2hrs now.. She never moves around during the day time and this is very unusual for her. I couldnt find anything like this on google or other forums please help. I might be able to get better pics..
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
LongBeachOGReptile
She had pooped last night. Her last feed was Thursday. 2 rat pups.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
LongBeachOGReptile
Anal Gland hanging out

A better picture.. Anyone with any experience with this type of thing? Please help
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
LongBeachOGReptile
could it be a prolapsed anal glad?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #5
LongBeachOGReptile
Her soaking in sugar water.. Looking at photo's online her membrane seems alot clearer than other ive seen.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2014, 04:16 AM   #6
Pasodama
Your snake has a prolapse and needs to go to a vet. The prolapse has to be put back inside and there may be a need for a stitch, or two, to keep it in place.
In the mean time, get her on paper towels rather than keeping her on substrate.
Make sure the prolapse stays moist by applying some KY jelly on it (I have used a mixture of KY jelly and antibiotic ointment). If it dries out, &/or becomes necrotic, she/you will be in a lot more trouble.
Again, get her to a vet asap.

BTW I have not suggested that you insert the prolapse back into the snake because I am not sure how comfortable you would be with it, it would be best if you have seen it done, and if something goes awry it would be best if the snake is already at the vet's.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #7
LongBeachOGReptile
i reinserted the prolapse myself. It was tricky as F*ck but i managed to get it back in and so far its still inside.. As you might know these Biak's are nippy, but she let me handle her and put it back in.. Im not going to feed for a few weeks. Fingers crossed..

Old 09-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachOGReptile View Post
i reinserted the prolapse myself. It was tricky as F*ck but i managed to get it back in and so far its still inside.. As you might know these Biak's are nippy, but she let me handle her and put it back in.. Im not going to feed for a few weeks. Fingers crossed..
It's good that you were able to fix the prolapse, but considering it was your first time, seeing a vet would still be a good idea, especially because he is still pretty young. I think we should also discuss your husbandry so you can hopefully avoid this in the future. What's his age, size, cage size, substrate, and how often are you misting?

Old 10-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #9
yeloowtang
glad you manage to get it in, but as mentioned, more details would help us help you to avoid this in the future..
once it comes out, it easier to have it happen again... how is it doing since the prolapse ?

another question would be,
What size prey are you feeding this little one ?

Old 10-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #10
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachOGReptile View Post
She had pooped last night. Her last feed was Thursday. 2 rat pups.
Ahh, here we go. Chondros should be maintained on mice exclusively. I have a hatchling about that Size eating peach mice (borderline between small hopper) every 7 days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!