Axanthic Irian Jaya Story? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
mightymouseec04
Axanthic Irian Jaya Story?

I am currently in search of the story behind the axanthic irian jayas? I understand there is a lot of controversy with them and am open to all sides of the argument but please don’t give me the “he said, she said, a friend said” story. I am looking for pictures evidence and any lineage information. If you can help great and I look forward to it.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
C.Cannon
Doubt you will get many answers here. Try **** or morelia pythons forum. Lots of experts hang out there and love answering questions

Old 01-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
C.Cannon
Unfortunately 90% of morelia history and news falls under the "he said she said" category. We are a petty bunch that loves rumors and argument. That's why animals with known records cost so much

Old 01-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
mightymouseec04
Thanks for the input Cannon, I am also searching on the Morelia forms. Sadly there are many that do love the argument and rumor side of the carpet pages. I don't care for the drama and simply enjoy the snakes beauty no matter the locality.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
C.Cannon
I wouldn't discount all of those arguments. Some of them are petty but they have really good info in them.

A really good and bad part of this side of the hobby is the attention to detail and the dedication some have to finding where a bunch of the animals came from. Most ball python keepers could care less what side of the world their animals first came from but a lot of us morelia keepers could point out a city or region of Australia their animals ancestors are from. That takes research and some digging to find out why someone says what they say

Old 01-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #6
mightymouseec04
I fully understand. I always read over the good and bad of the posts to hopefully catch or understand each side’s argument. The ones that get me are the ones that people are just being nasty and overly aggressive. I understand wanting to fully track your animals and lines but there is no need to viciously attack each other for not knowing. I personally attempt to gather as much information as I can on lineage when adding any reptiles but I don't attack those who do not. The animals speak for themselves first and foremost.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #7
C.Cannon
I completely agree with that. I wish it wasn't as hostile as it is. Just because it will drive off new people who have a snake they really but are immediately told is trash when they post up a picture of it. I'd talk to Paul Harris about the axanthic he is the only one with the "real story"

I work with bredl pythons now which are the easiest to track since they are all from around Alice Springs. But now that the hypo line has come in I am fully expecting them to start a new heated argument of "is it a line or a morph" and "is my light normal a hypo". It won't be fun but it's what I signed onto when I bought them haha

Old 01-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
mightymouseec04
Welcome to the drama... I am working with IJ and high percentage IJ morphs with the long term focus on Granite morph projects.
It’s sad that the carpet python community is so quick to attack each other just so they can feel better about their snakes over others. Pure or not is nice to know but again in the end the persons preference is what matters and each person likes something different. Less B.S. and more friendly assistance would be a huge help for the community.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #9
C.Cannon
This exactly. If you find the real story let me know I'd be pretty interested.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #10
mightymouseec04
I am still searching and getting all sides good and bad. I have yet to contact UKpythons but have messaged Nick Mutton asking him to e-mail me info if he can. I doubt they are 100% traceable due to lineage and purity not being as important outside of the U.S. market. (in my opinion and experience, I may be wrong so don't quote me)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!