Live vs Frozen POLL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Live vs Frozen Poll
I feed live only! 12 13.19%
I feed Frozen only! 35 38.46%
I feed both and see a need for both Methods! 44 48.35%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
tinmantribe5
Live vs Frozen POLL

Hello I would first off like to say I really dont want to start a thread of wich is better or better Morally rather a thread soley for the purpose of gauging true feeding %s I personally feed mostly live but on occasion for the snakes that dont care will feed frozen when I get a good deal or somethin!
I raise my own rats in Racks so Live is a convience.It would cost way to much to buy frozen for all my snakes plus then you have to worry about mites and Quality of product and may I say a Delivery charge of as much as the rodents you are buying.I would also like to add that when you have newborn clutches of corns or balls sometimes you will have some out of a clutch that will starve them selves until you give them a live that Wiggles all night in their box and they Eat.I have actually did a experiment with ones trying to wait a baby snake out and trying all the Tricks in the book with Frozen all to waist money on smelly dead stinkie pinks that never get ate and the snake Died!.I will choose live over frozen any day when it comes to That! remember when we were kids Not all of us liked Brocolli Remember!

Old 04-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Lucille
Shawn this is sure a hot button topic. And you start off by saying how this thread is only to poll percent not to determine which method is better, and then you spend the rest of the post telling us how you think live is better.

I don't think live is better, but the topic has been debated at length.
It will be interesting to see the poll results though.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
tinmantribe5
I agree maybe I didnt Phrase exactly right I just was trying to stay away from the Arguing of points but all opinions are expected! I also Value your Opinion Greatly Lucille
Did you Poll?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmantribe5 View Post
I also Value your Opinion Greatly Lucille
Did you Poll?
You're a sweetheart
Yes I polled.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
StrictlyExotics
I tried starving a couple snakes until they would eat frozen...

Old 04-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
StrictlyExotics
I lost

Old 04-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
tinmantribe5
I have Totally been their wich is more Humane starvin the snake or feedin a Live one!
I am not at all saying Either way is better I use both live and frozen 80% live 20%frozen(Pinkies)

Old 04-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
I voted frozen only but I had fed live in the past and will do so again if it's absolutely necessary.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
crissabella
I voted frozen only, though in the past with one very picky Ball Python, i fed live. I would feed live, if it was absolutely necessary.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 AM   #10
Bob Kite
You know how I roll Shawn, Live only here. The fact of the matter is, even though I breed my own rodents and it is more conveniant, most of the animals in my collection that I have purchased were on live when I bought them, including all of them that I purchased from the "big name breeders". It is my belief that more people feed live than FT, most just won't admit to it. But as Lucille stated (and I also value her opinion) the topic has been debated at length, and think at best, we all should just agree to disagree. To each their own I say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!