Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #151
cookreptiles
Again, if my rodents were the source of the problem, wouldn't all my snakes be suffering as a result and not just the ones that came from Ed? Is it really that likely that a feeder rat from a private breeding colony would cause this level of infestation and 3 different parasites? I'm all for having a few of my rats tested, I'm just wondering what kind of likelihood we're talking about here and why everyone's snakes aren't crawling in parasites if it's really that easy.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #152
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
That is an untrue statement. It is very possible that some (or even just one) of those rodents were infected.
What if the only infected snakes in her entire collection turned out to be the ones that she got from Ed?

Old 09-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #153
cookreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro
What if the only infected snakes in her entire collection turned out to be the ones that she got from Ed?
I can't speak for everyone else but that would be 100% proof positive for me where the parasites came from. We'll see how the results turn out on Thursday...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #154
jsrocket
Well, Emily I don't think that posting dishonesty and bad business practices is a bad thing.

You have made a post which hurts a guy's business. You have only lame evidence, at best.

If that's how you feel, then la di frickin da.

I feel you are someone I would never trust.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #155
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
That is an untrue statement. It is very possible that some (or even just one) of those rodents were infected.
And she just HAPPENED to feed ONLY those two infected rodent ONLY to Eds snakes right? RIGHT.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #156
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
And she just HAPPENED to feed ONLY those two infected rodent ONLY to Eds snakes right? RIGHT.
Slim odds indeed Rick. However, at this point, Emily has had NONE of her collection tested other than the one snake in question. So saying that any of the other snakes have parasites is, at this point, completely unfounded.

That may change, we'll have to wait and see what ALL of the test results are.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #157
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Rick, with all due respect, you missed the boat on the life cycle and transmission vectors of the tapeworm.

Hope we can still be friends, because I like all your other posts.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 PM   #158
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
My friends bring their cameras to have their pictures taken with Ed's balls.
You have some weird friends...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #159
ExoticsExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
You have some weird friends...
OMG ROFL LOL!!

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 09-18-2007, 09:37 PM   #160
cookreptiles
I did have a few of my other snakes tested earlier this year and all were clean. No, I do not have the vet reports at this second, however seeing as how I am getting my entire collection tested (or in some cases re-tested) I will just post all of the most current results when I get them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!