Time between eggs, is........... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-07-2004, 08:51 AM   #1
Xavier
Time between eggs, is...........

I bred my tang albino tremper to my male on the nigth of 25th of feb she was removed from his cage the next night. I suspected eggs 3 weeks after which would put her laying her first clutch on 11-12 th time frame. I left for vacation on the 4th do, the leos where watched over by a friend. I came home 24 March and the first clutch looked great still doing well to this day. I thought she would have laid her second clutch by now but maybe she laid the first later than I thought. Can you breeders tell me the latest you've seen between layings that went well? She fatt as came be I see the eggs and she shed 3- 4 days ago.
Xavier

Old 04-07-2004, 01:37 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
it varies...

I have had females lay in as little as two weeks all the way up to six weeks between clutches. However, if you removed her from the male after only one night of breeding, she may or may not lay a second clutch.

Old 04-07-2004, 03:48 PM   #3
Xavier
Re: it varies...

Quote:
Originally posted by Golden Gate Geckos
I have had females lay in as little as two weeks all the way up to six weeks between clutches. However, if you removed her from the male after only one night of breeding, she may or may not lay a second clutch.
Thanks I can see the eggs and she huge compaired to before. Why would a female breding only a few times only lay one clutch?

Old 04-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #4
Golden Gate Geckos
clutches

Females can retain sperm from a single breeding for awhile, but as a general rule mine will only lay 2-3 clutches from a "one night stand", and a few have only laid one clutch.

Old 04-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #5
Xavier
Re: Re: it varies...

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier
Thanks I can see the eggs and she huge compaired to before. Why would a female breding only a few times only lay one clutch?

Oh I see what you mean now, makes me think I should put them together for awhile after she lays her second clutch. Man had I non this I would have waited to breed after I came home from my vacation. This is what I get for being impatient but I was so anxious to have baby leos after my depoyment from Iraq .
Xavier

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!