Bad Guy Exotic Reptile Jungle Bad guy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
reversestripe
Good people

I have been dealing with ERJ for several years and have never had a complaint. I have always got first class animals. Reading all the threads, It looks and sounds like you are a scammer and you just got busted. I guess the B.O.I does have some good points after all.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #12
COBRAMAN
Richard Ritchey your unwillingness to reply to the above posts speaks much louder than your initial post. I have been to Tom's facility, and found it to be in nearly sterile condition. I can't and won't believe that he would have ever tried to sell you that snake. I could believe that he gave it to you, with the hopes that you could get it back to health because he may not have had time to treat it. Tom proudly showed me every venomous snake he had, and every one of them appeared flawless, and healthy. Likewise, nobody could ever convince me that Andy (from ERJ) would ever sell and ship out a mata mata that was in the condition that your posted pictures display. If you claim that he did send you that animal, why did you not call him as soon as it arrived to tell him that the animal was in unacceptable condition??? The two mata matas I saw at ERJ were kept in large black plastic or rubber enclosures that, in my view, could not have sanded down any part of the animal. Like Ricky said, “Nice try!”.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
LauraB
Once again, this thread is not about Tom. The OP should never even have brought that issue up (if, in reality, there even was one), so let's stay on (ERJ) topic, please ... and thank you.

Mr. Richey ... you want to post photos of a badly neglected/injured turtle and make accusations? You should be prepared and willing to answer questions/provide input.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
Archie Bottoms
This thread is about Tom he tried to put a blimish on HIM.That is the only issue I see here he will not even answer posts.I can tell you that I do not know erj at all but Tom is a world renownd dealer that does not need this crap pointed at him.When you use someone as an example of a bad guy you lit the fire on my ass and I am burning now you just do not know how bad.I have dealt with most of the big guys all the way back to the Shed and LOUIE PORRIS.nOT ALL ANIMALS ARE GOOD ALL THE TIME.But in this day and age Tom has taken the time to supply top quality low end as well as high end animals.You mess with him you mess with the foundation of this entire industry.I will continue to defend Tom on this thread and any one can say what ever they like but know this my silence will not happen.Shame on any one who says this is not about Tom his name is here and his reputation will stand long after you small fry are long gone.TOM CRUTCHFIELD AN INDUSTRY STANDARD TRY TO LIVE UP TO THAT.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
oregonreptileman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Duffield View Post
No one from ERJ stated that Tom Crutchfield said anything derogatory about you Richard Ritchey. You assumed that and sent us an email stating the same. But come on, how many times have you tried to claim animals on us? Remember all the dead rinkhals that somehow got better? What about the blacksnake that you did a surgery on and couldn't sell and couldn't pay for and then sent back that was still HOT? If someone with credibility made such an accusation about a mata mata we shipped them, I'd do something about it, but that isn't even the animal we shipped. We had a recognized turtle expert at facility tending to our water turtles literally a week before you ordered that animal, and he took one mata mata to tend to, that one we shipped was not unhealthy... Good try but better luck next time... ERJ
Ricky,
I think age is starting to sneak up on you. If you go back on your sale records you will find that I not only never bought nor owned a Rinkhals Cobra or a Blacksnake. You will also find that that shippment was sent to Kevin Smith in Gresham, Oregon who had been practicing venomoid surgery (butchering) if you ask me. I saw the Rinkhals you sent him and I know as fact they did not die. Sorry he ripped you off. If you had called me I would have let you know he was not a good guy to deal with. You were not the only one to get ripped off by him. He was chased out of the state by the animal Control and moved to Louisiana. I forgive you wholly, and will not think of this event from now on. The truth shall be known the day we die.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #16
Archie Bottoms
Richard where is that heart felt apology to Tom .I think your lies have cought to you mr liar.I have had acess to your invoices you are a liar . shame on you

Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
Ricky Duffield
Ha-ha, Richard, I've still got email correspondence from back in Sept. 2002 and beyond regarding the blacksnake, check your emails, that snake is still in someone's collection and he remembers who did the supposed surgery--but that's not the issue here. YES, I do know Kevin and you do too... You guys worked together... Anyway, I'm done, I don't usually get involved here on BOI but Tom got dragged into this and I did not want to remain silent. If I came off cross, it was not my intention. PS: you bought more than tice in 5 years, I have invoices where you bought from us in 2008... Forgot???

Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #18
oregonreptileman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Duffield View Post
PS.... Tom Crutchfield would NEVER have shipped that animal! Not a chance in Hades.

Attached Message
To: reptlmn@colten.com
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:48:38 -0500

Ritchie, did you not read the handwritten note that I wouldn't ship anything like the snake normally and that I would return your $$$? Please call me with your cc #.

http://www.tomcrutchfield.com

Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
oregonreptileman
All that means is he liked you. I know quite a few people including myself who took it up the rear by tom. We live so far away, we just considered it the cost of doing business.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #20
oregonreptileman
Attached Message
To: reptlmn@colten.com
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:48:38 -0500

Ritchie, did you not read the handwritten note that I wouldn't ship anything like the snake normally and that I would return your $$$? Please call me with your cc #.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!