You just gotta love it... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-11-2003, 06:42 PM   #1
Steph Scranton
You just gotta love it...

I am in the process of moving out of state in the hope that I can find a better job. So I give my two weeks notice to the boss, fair right?....Starting that day, she turns into a b****. Starts needling me with little things. Complaining about everything I do, things that I have been doing exactly the same for the past two years and she has not had alot to complain about.
For the past two years, I have worked my @ss off for her. I stayed when the manager and assistant manager both walked out. (I wanted to go too but the economy you know) When another girl walked out, I stayed. She complained about everybody quitting without notice. So I GIVE her notice and she treats me like crap. She changed my SET schedule, WITHOUT asking me. I have had the exact same schedule for the last 6 months and now all of a sudden on my last week she changes it and not for the better. She leaves me little notes about stupid things. I can take alot but then she goes and changes all the passwords on the computer system. I took THAT very personally. For the last 5 or 6 months, I have been doing ALOT of managment work (without the pay or title). I had access to some simple programs. IF I had been approached and she had said "steph, I making some changes, and I know you are leaving, so I don't feel you really the new passowrds...." I would have not given it a second thought but the fact that she changed the stupid thing, without her or her new manager talking to me really hurt. I felt like she didn't trust me and I have NEVER given her any reason to distrust me. I felt that was a very low blow. So Today, I handed in my key and walked away. Why should I continue to work for somebody that doesn't obviously have any trust in me?
I wasn't leaving to work for the competition, I wasn't trying to leave on bad terms, I was trying to be a mature adult and leave on good terms. Good terms even after I have been yelled at in front of customers for things that were not my fault (usually they were her own fault); even after I have had my paycheck BOUNCE on several occassions...The list could go on.
I get an e-mail from her telling me how THOUGHTLESS I am for leaving her today. That now she has to rearrange the schedule to accomodate my thoughtlessness. That I should have learned my lesson from all the other employees that left. GEE, I gave her notice and I get treated like crap, what does THAT tell the other employees. Give notice and get treated like dirt or just leave and deal with her once when you get your check. Yeh it creates a problem when sombody walks out and trust me I agonized over the decision but then I realized that I must be nuts. She would never let me leave in peace, she would make my life hell for the next week. I had a response written to the e-mail, then I decided not to send it. My silence would drive her nuts.
My silence is not as satisfying to me as telling her off so I am sounding off here. Hope nobody minds.

Old 03-11-2003, 08:59 PM   #2
Glenn Bartley
Just think of everything you can tell her just before you walk out the door on the last day of work there. Say it respectfully and firmly and make sure to get a letter of recommendation signed by her before you mouth off.
Best regards,
Glenn B

Old 03-11-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
Sonya
I will vouch for your sainthood..

For you to have stayed when we all had had enough it is a true show of just how poor you are! j/k Cause I know you aren't that twisted and sick. And I know you stayed because of the animals. Which is truly a show of how bad it has gotten to override your nuturing them.

And, as per the personality involved, why wouldn't the B%@ch try to torture you and then blame you? She was the worse employer I ever had and I have worked for my own family!

Good things will be ahead. I just KNOW it. :0)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!