Read the date! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-22-2004, 03:21 PM   #1
DavidBeard
Read the date!

Is it just me, or does anyone else get frustrated when people reply to ads that are more than a year old as if they were posted yesterday? People: READ THE DATES before you post a reply to an ad! Jeez lol.

Old 12-22-2004, 03:28 PM   #2
MR_Jungle_Mist
Nope, not just you. We actually receive email about people inquiring to purchase snakes that we've not had in a *long* time. But, then again, there are quite a few folks that get back the "Yep, still have him if you want him!" so they must be doing something right. :-)

Old 12-22-2004, 03:52 PM   #3
DAND
Yep, nothing like watching it snowball too. One will reply to an ad that is over a year old and then half a dozen others reply.

Hey check out the great price on this '03-that's because it was back in '03.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
The ad needs to be removed once the animal is sold!

David,

Every now and then I receive inquiries about an ad I posted long ago for an animal that has already been sold. Most of the times it's me that has to apologize to the person who asks. Why? Because most of the sites where I post reptiles for sale (for example: faunaclassifieds, kingsnake, and reptimart) have the option to manage/delete the ad once the animal has been sold. It is my responsibility as a seller to remove the ad once the animal is sold. Otherwise I'm making interested parties waste their time asking for an animal that's no longer available.

Best regards.

Old 12-29-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
RNPreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro
David,

Every now and then I receive inquiries about an ad I posted long ago for an animal that has already been sold. Most of the times it's me that has to apologize to the person who asks. Why? Because most of the sites where I post reptiles for sale (for example: faunaclassifieds, kingsnake, and reptimart) have the option to manage/delete the ad once the animal has been sold. It is my responsibility as a seller to remove the ad once the animal is sold. Otherwise I'm making interested parties waste their time asking for an animal that's no longer available.

Best regards.

Exactly. If you dont like it, delete the ad. It should only be up if they are available anyway.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!