Bad Guy west coast roaches Daniel Penunuri - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
AlamoAgama
west coast roaches Daniel Penunuri

on 3-19-11 i was contacted by this seller, they offered me roaches. after several pms and phone conversations i agreed to send him 150$ for 500 nymphs and some adults. he seemed concerned about sending me the proper amount of females, and was asking how many males i had in my colony already. he also mentioned to me that you can tell the difference between a male and a female roach as early as sub-adult hood, the last 3-4 molts before adult hood.

not thinking much about that i went ahead and placed my order on march 23rd. the order went out that monday at 10pm it was scanned in at the post office in LA. it didnt go out untill tuesday because he missed the cut off for monday.

i received one box on thursday of 256 roaches. i counted every single one and i had 12 adult male and 3 adult female and the rest were nymphs.

i tried all day to contact the seller by phone but i could only contact him by text. very slow to respond and no real explanation other then she shipped my 2nd box to the wrong person?

after several days of calling, threatening and texting i finally got ahold of him saturday night. he was telling me his father just had a stroke and that he was in the hospital but he would ship out first thing sunday.

late on sunday i received a text with the tracking number, then a picture message of the receipt.

i received the rest of my roaches on wednesday, hopping to see many females in this box, there were NONE. no females.

all of these roaches were in their last molt of being a nymph. and all of them were male. there were about 300-350 roaches in this box. 100 overcount as promised over the phone for the mistake and delay.

heres the issues.....

over the phone he said he was going to send me enough females to "Take care of me" and help me establish my colony.

on his web site it states
http://westcoastroaches.com/article.php?article=47
Quote:
Large Dubia Roaches
Sizing:1 1/4 to 1 3/4" inches
Here is the perfect size Dubia roaches to get a colony up and going from the start. They are ready to molt to adult size and ready to breed. They are also great for larger reptiles. Our iguana's love the large Dubia roaches as a main staple in their diet.
this is a direct quote from the website. if he changes it then he changes it but this is exactly as i see it. (picture attached bellow)
http://westcoastroaches.com/?article=9

if he lists it as a pefect size dubia roach to get a colony up and going from the start, then why would he send ALL males , how can you start a colony with only males?

over the phone he said he'd send me females but i got 3, he said he'd take care of me and help me get my colony started but all he did was send me male nympsh that will be adult males with in a week or 2....

i dont feed out adult males, their wings are not very easy to digest, and their adult bodies are not very fat , adult males are very slim and trim compared to nymphs.

its one thing if i just had an over count of males. but thats not the case. he specifically removed all the females from my order and kept them for himself. he only gave me males , he spent the time to pick threw 500 nymph roaches... he lied to me and he KNOWS it , he screwed me over, he put me threw alot of stress the 4 days i could not get an answer from him and i kept having to threaten i would make a paypal dispute against him. but i didnt, i waited....

so last night i made a paypal claim asking for a partial refund so that i may recover my losses and purchase females and finally get a colony established and back up and running for the summer.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
AlamoAgama
sexing nymphs

female sub adult (last molt)

young female on top male on bottom (smaller nymphs)

male(last molt), very obvious large wing buds

female again to compare to above male

Old 04-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
gerridrews
You can send pay pal to bsumrow@bellsouth.net I will ship them on Monday so they don't get caught in weekend mail. I will send them priority with carrots inside so they don't die. Thanks and I will throw some extra in just in case. Thanks Gerri
also if you recieve all dead bugs, you need to take a pic of them and send it to me in the box they come in ok? Thanks Gerri
Not that you are a scammer but I have had someone try this before and could not produce a pic. If I ship a large order that is over 100.00 I make the person video tape opening the box I ship them. Gerri

Old 04-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
gerridrews
oops thought i was on pm page

Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
AlamoAgama
thanks gerridrews, im really not picky AT ALL. i've never had an issue on fauna before.

thank you for contacting me about females. this way i can truely get my colony started in time for breeding.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
AlamoAgama
refund processed.

dispute closed.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
Magic Merlin
WOW...........who has time to pick through 500 nymphs just to be spiteful and only send males?

Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
AlamoAgama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Merlin View Post
WOW...........who has time to pick through 500 nymphs just to be spiteful and only send males?
apparently this guy, for 150$

pretty ridiculous... i now have 2 separate bins. one with my original colony, and one with what i got from him. a lot of males.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
Magic Merlin
Why did you spend soo much when their are probably 10 other roach vendors that are half the cost?

My OCD thanks you for posting the pictures between male and female........no sleep for me this weekend.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
AlamoAgama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Merlin View Post
Why did you spend soo much when their are probably 10 other roach vendors that are half the cost?

My OCD thanks you for posting the pictures between male and female........no sleep for me this weekend.
what other vendors will sell 500+ Large dubia roaches for 75$? you say there are 10 vendors that will sell me 500 at half the cost, and that would be 75$

what vendor? please let me know because 500 large nymphs for 75$ is a killer price... not mixed nymphs. i wanted large only.

i purchased them from west coast roaches because i contacted several sellers on fauna and from online stores, all of them were not selling large nymphs. westcoast saw i was looking for a colony so he contacted me threw pm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!