Bad Guy Ray Capaldi and/or Donna Capaldi - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 AM   #21
hhmoore
It seems that Ray has been reading, or was otherwise alerted to this thread...I received an email after my earlier post.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #22
Billy1138
Wow. I am fairly new to this site, and it is clear that this couple are idiots, or mentally unstable. Or both. I will make sure that myself, and anyone i know, refuses to do business with these nutjobs. For everything they tried to accuse you of, they demonstrated themselves in their own replies. Thanks for posting this. It was entertaining as well as informative

Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #23
hhmoore
Got another email from Ray - my eyes landed on a comment about how I could have emailed him back, and I didn't bother reading any further.
I requested that he stop contacting me...then blocked his email because he probably won't. I know that isn't enough to stop him; but I have to go through the motions.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #24
WebSlave
I've already filed several complaints with his service provider via the email he is using (doncap@cox.net) because he continues to send me profane and abusive emails. He taunts me to post them here, but I'm not playing his game any longer. The previous emails I have posted here are enough to show the picture of him he apparently wishes to have exposed.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:48 AM   #25
IndoHerp
Good Evening all..Here's the COMPLETE truth behind the Ray/Donna Capaldi fiasco I had to put up with..since I sold him the snakes in the first place..So get yourself a beverage of choice and sit back..This will take awhile ..Here we go..
On June 13/2014 Ray Capaldi responded to an ad I posted several weeks earlier.. Adult WC Imported Emerald Tree Boas. He used his wife's email account (doncap@cox.net)
I emailed him back and explained that those particular snakes had been sold already, but I would sell him a pair that I had been keeping for 6-8 months at my home..I emailed him the pictures, and he commented on a small imperfection on the females neck..I told him it was probably just a stuck piece of shed. We talked on the phone a few times, and he Paypaled the $ into a Paypal account (my friends) I sometimes use..So everything is fine, and on June 16, (ship date) I notice upon closer inspection, that the imperfection on the females neck isn't what I thought..it was a sore of some kind..I immediately contacted Ray and explained that I wasn't comfortable shipping that female in that condition. I personally jumped in my car and drove 2 hours to my brothers house to get another female ETB (which I had loaned him 6 months earlier..) and I would ship that one to Ray instead...Prior to shipping her, I emailed Ray 2 pics, so he could see what he was getting..The male ETB was fine, and had no issues. I must mention here that these ETB's were cherry picked WC imports that I had bought 6-8 months ago..and both were eating, had been initially dewormed and had never re-gurged a meal. They looked outwardly clean and healthy, and fit for sale. I shiped the pair of ETB's to Ray & Donna that afternoon and all is fine..they arrive on time, alive and in perfect shape. Ray calls me to confirm live arrival, and he is VERY pleased with the snakes..No issues what so ever..Ray calls me again that night (6/17) and tells me that he offered them a few mice and that the Male was still settling in (didn't eat) but the Female took 3 mice. I was a little shocked that (A) he didn't let them settle in longer before offering them food, and (B) that the female actually ate so soon after being bounced around in a box for the past 15 hours..) The next day he told me the Female puked up 1 of the 3 mice..I wasn't surprized since she shouldn't have been fed so soon after shipping, but at least she kept the 2 other mice down..which was a good sign. As a matter of course, I ALWAYS strongly suggest to customers that purchase WC imports (even ones that have been in captivity for several months) to (A) Quarantine new arrivals and (B) have their new acquisitions treated for possible internal parasites. Here's where the story get's interesting ..Ray is now freaking out about the Snake regurging the mouse..and now it is in his "professional opinion" that the female snake is pencil thin..After 2 days!! No way.
I immediately re-advise him to have the snake wormed,,He tells me that his Vet is out of town, and won't be back for several weeks..I strongly urge him to get some type of deworming meds into her in the meantime (go to another Vet, etc.) Ray refuses to heed my advise and as the days/weeks pass, now Ray states that the snake is not doing well. In my mind, this is his fault because he failed to seek veterinary expertise in time..He could also be trying to scam me because he never sent a single photograph as proof of the snakes "decline" or he has mixed up my snake with another one of his alleged 19 other WC import ETBs (that he claims to have..) or since he also neglected to quarantine the snakes I shipped and housed them in/with other WC ETB's..The actual fact's of how Mr. Capaldi treated/cared for/housed or neglected the snakes will remain a mystery to me and all of you reading this..Only Ray knows the truth. Just so everyone knows, I only offer a Live Arrival Guarantee (provided there are no carrier delivery delays, 1st delivery attempt, Temp. related issues, etc) Also, the purchaser of any of my animals has 2 hours from the time of acceptance, to inspect the animals and notify me if there any issues. Ray was well aware of these conditions, and accepted the snakes in the condition they arrived in..My reasoning is simple: Too many things can go wrong..the customer may not be a skilled Reptile keeper..the animal(s) may be mishandled, improperly housed, housed together with aggressive/unsuitable species, dropped, stepped on, fed contaminated food, offerd vodka instead of water, the list goes on and on..That's why 2 hours. Keep ém or ship ém back. That's my policy. Anyway back to the story.. So now, it's a few days befor July 4th weekend and Ray has already filed complaints/claims/disputes with Paypal citing that "the merchandise he received was not as described" and so forth..I challange the claim/dispute and Paypal rules in my favor. I should also mention here that Ray has been calling/emailing constantly and leaving some very nasty messages..also threatining to Trash me on FC BOI every chance he has..His wife set up an account on FC for the sole purpose of letting Ray use it to spew his trash talk to me and others (as you have seen..)
So now, I call the police in Rays home town and explain that he is a Psycho and ask if they can stop his harrassing calls/emails..Ray in turn files complaints against me to the Inspector General/Attorney General/Fraud Dept in Rhode Island ..and wastes MORE of my time since I now have to explain to all of them what actually transpired..not just Ray's twisted half truths..But I digress..So, Ray FINALLY takes the female ETB (or an other ETB) to his Vet for an exam. Yada, yada yada, The Vet worms the snake, schedules another appointment for follow-up, and NOW the Male ETB I shipped, is mysteriously missing 3 ribs! (Ray claims..no photo proof, again..) This guy is OUT OF CONTROL ! More nasty emails/phone calls/threats..I email him and tell him point blank-cut out the harassment, or I'm filing a restraining order..a few days pass and he quiets down. 'So by now, I'm so fed up with this clown, I give him 3 options..1) ship back both snakes and ship you 2 more ETBS..or 2) I'll credit your next purchase in the amount of $650..or 3) ship back both snakes, and I'll refund your $650. Ray chooses option 3..So we set up a ship date for him to return the snakes (it's now July 12,,) and the next day he calls and tells me the Female ETB is dead! This just keeps getting better ! I immediately request that he send me pics of the dead ETB..which he does (can't really tell if that was the same snake I shipped though..but it's possible.) So I tell him to ship back the Male immediately. Which he does on 7/14. On July 16 Ray calls and demands his $650 refund ! I'm in shock! I call him and explain that our deal was that he had to ship back BOTH ETB's, alive, in order to get his full $650 refund. To be fair, I offer him $250 for the male he shipped back..which he declines. More time passes, and on August 4th Paypal alerts me that Ray has filed a Chargeback claim with his credit card company..More wasted time dealing with them, through Paypal..and as of today (Sept.9,2014) I have been notified by Paypal that the Credit card company ruled in Ray's favor (shocker!) ..and the case is closed. That's what they think! I'm not done yet..and so..that's the entire saga of my dealing with MR. Raymond Capaldi, of Providence Rhode Island. Hope you enjoyed reading all this..your comments are welcome as always..FYI: I will NOT be providing any proof to back up my story (I could, but I'm far to busy to be searching though hundreds of emails, cutting/pasting, posting here, etc..) But I will post replys if your questions warrent an explanation..otherwise..Thanx again for your audience, and for your own sanity, avoid any dealings with Ray Capaldi like you would the Plague!! Sincerely, Tom Mendelson, IndoHerp, Miami Florida USA.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #26
americananie
With no proof on either end, and with all due respect Mr. Mendelson, it's a hard call to make. It's a he said/she said type of deal--with your own personal dealing. He sounds like a wackadoo, but only due to what Rich provided by posting the emails.

Considering his treatment towards Rich and Harald, I can easily see where he would send threatening and harassing emails. If I were a seller, I wouldn't deal with him, and that's solely based on what he said to the mod and owner of this site. That's just my two cents.

Thanks for looking out for us, Rich!

Old 09-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #27
hawktalon99
I'm calling bullcrap on on Toms story. Reason being I bought a water monitor from him (well, from Mark Jagger which is one of his many fake accounts here on fauna)which died 8 days after I received it. I even alerted him of the situation after the third day. He never offered anything like a credit, or refund. All he offered was insults on my experience and ability to keep reptiles. So as far as him offering Ray a full refund is complete and utter crap!

Old 09-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #28
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawktalon99 View Post
I'm calling bullcrap on on Toms story. Reason being I bought a water monitor from him (well, from Mark Jagger which is one of his many fake accounts here on fauna)which died 8 days after I received it. I even alerted him of the situation after the third day. He never offered anything like a credit, or refund. All he offered was insults on my experience and ability to keep reptiles. So as far as him offering Ray a full refund is complete and utter crap!
You can call it bullcrap, or complete and utter crap, as much as you want; that doesn't make you correct. Quite simply, Tom's statement about the refund was corroborated in an earlier BOI thread posted by Ray/Donna. If it wasn't true, why would the stories match? Ray certainly wouldn't have made piece that up, since he was clearly unhappy.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #29
hhmoore
This thread is NOT about Tom Mendelson/IndoHerp, but I'm going to copy/paste my response to Tom in that thread because it should confirm my previous post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Was the discussion about accepting $500 upon return of the ETBs via email, or on the phone? If email - you have a documented agreement.
This isn't rocket science, Tom. Your TOS are no longer relevant because you agreed to provide the refund...so do it. If you think you only owe him half because he only returned one snake, (have your friend) send a PayPal refund and get it settled. Only you know if the female was a puker while you had her - if she was, just give the full amount of the agreed upon refund. (Let your conscience be your guide, lol). If you truly weren't convinced that the dead one you were shown is the one you sent; you should have asked for better pictures to confirm it. It may not be too late to do that.
I get that the snake was in his possession for nearly a month, and that you only guarantee live arrival. I also understand that you offered a refund, contingent on the return of the snakes; and you only received one snake. Those things being accepted, what would your response have been if he had shipped the female & she had been DOA (or emaciated, and clearly in poor health)? Would you have denied that refund because of the snake's condition? Or would you have paid it because you knew about the problem at the time you offered the refund?

Old 09-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #30
hawktalon99
Must have overlooked that part. My mistake. Maybe I should have acted like a psycho to get my money back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!