Info Kyle R. from PA, questionable KS ad - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Tigger the Tiger
Thumbs up Kyle R. from PA, questionable KS ad

This is just a heads up for the community and for people who may not know retics like that. A gentleman by the name of Kyle R. from PA is selling an adult pair of "super dwarf" retics. Here's the KS link to the ad http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=94&de=865976

I texted him about the pair and he told me that they are pure super dwarfs, and the parents and grandparents, are all pure super dwarf. This is not a bad guy thread, it's just an info. Attached are pix from the ad, and it is very clear that they are not pure super dwarf retics. I will also post the text messages between us where he states the lineage of these "super dwarf".

Old 07-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
scaledverts
I just wanted to make sure that everyone understood that this person is NOT me.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
reticguy76
i almost emailed that person and called him out on it, but chances of hearing back, slim to none.

good heads up post

Old 07-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Tigger the Tiger
Well he's been texting me all morning. Asking why I think they are not super dwarfs, then he states that because of their growth rate they are dwarfs.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
Wolfy-hound
For those that know little about "dwarf" retics, could you point out why you know they are not dwarfs from the ad?

Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Tigger the Tiger
No problem....Going by what Kyle stated to me, that the parents and grandparents are pure super dwarf, the pattern as well as the head structure is not correct. A super dwarfs head is a totally different shape and size than that of a mainland or mainland cross.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
Wolfy-hound
Thanks!! I appreciate the info!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
Tigger the Tiger
I have had the pleasure to work with and keep pure jamp dwarfs, pure super dwarfs, a 75% jamp mainland cross, and I now own a pair of 50% super dwarfs. It might have been more believable if he said that they were super dwarf crosses. But even then I wouldn't take his word without seeing paperwork or speaking directly to the breeder that produced them. I have noticed lately that scanners are trying to pass of mainland retics as dwarf/super dwarf because not to many people can house or handle a full grown mainland retic.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
Tigger the Tiger
Here are some examples:

Pure Jampea Dwarf

75% Jampea/Mainland cross

Pure Super Dwarf

Old 07-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
Tigger the Tiger
Sorry forgot to add:

50% super dwarf/Mainland cross

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!