Ebola epidemic - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 10-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #171
WebSlave
Sheesh, could you imagine the uproar if Ebola got established in the USA via a mutation that allowed dogs to become a natural reservoir for them?

From what I understand, they are only strongly suspecting that Ebola uses bats as their reservoir in Africa. I don't believe it's actually been proven. Which means it is either rare even in bats, or it is pretty nearly undetectable in an asymptomatic host.

And I don't care how non-PC or overly cautious it might seem, but Hell would be long frozen over before I would shake hands with an Ebola survivor.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #172
Lucille
And how, exactly, are you going to be able to tell the person you are shaking hands with is a survivor? He isn't going to have a scarlet E embroidered on his t shirt.
There may be a lot of publicity now along with published names and so on. It may be that as time goes on, that won't be the case.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #173
Dennis Hultman
"We're Screwed": MSM Caught on Hot Mic at White House Ebola Press Briefing

Old 10-09-2014, 12:24 AM   #174
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
"We're Screwed": MSM Caught on Hot Mic at White House Ebola Press Briefing
So, government officials are LYING to us? NO!! They would NEVER do that!

Old 10-09-2014, 01:06 AM   #175
WebSlave
This is a pretty good article....

'In 1976 I discovered Ebola - now I fear an unimaginable tragedy'

Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #176
rcarichter
Now we have five major airports in the US screening passengers arriving from hot zones. Everyone debarking will have their temperature taken. So, I guess we miss all the folks who may not have symptoms for 3 weeks, and we take everyone with a stomach virus and throw them into a hospital with Ebola patients. Oh yeah, and we have FIVE major airports accepting flights from hot zones. We're rearranging deck chairs people!

The dog has been euthanized.

Noelle

Old 10-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #177
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
And how, exactly, are you going to be able to tell the person you are shaking hands with is a survivor? He isn't going to have a scarlet E embroidered on his t shirt.
Survivors have some very significant scarring on their faces and hands. You can find examples using google images - some are NSFW though.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #178
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Now we have five major airports in the US screening passengers arriving from hot zones. Everyone debarking will have their temperature taken. So, I guess we miss all the folks who may not have symptoms for 3 weeks, and we take everyone with a stomach virus and throw them into a hospital with Ebola patients. Oh yeah, and we have FIVE major airports accepting flights from hot zones. We're rearranging deck chairs people!

The dog has been euthanized.

Noelle
I do not think many people will have a fever. They will all take Tylenol or similar an hour before landing. The 'taking temperature' bit is in my opinion a ridiculous bit of smoke, but even those who know very little about infectious disease can see through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Survivors have some very significant scarring on their faces and hands. You can find examples using google images - some are NSFW though.
Some scarring is extreme. Other scarring from images I have seen could be covered. There is special makeup that has been developed for those with acne scarring made to cover pocks and irregularities.
I'd be interested in images of those who have survived or will survive because they have received medication of one kind or another.

Here is a video of survivor Nancy Writebol.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nancy-wr...s-her-silence/

Old 10-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #179
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post

Noelle
The government is just getting us use to more intrusions and controls. Wait till they institute checkpoints in federal buildings and other sundry and various locations. For OUR safety and welfare, of course.

And yeah, the LOGICAL course of action would be to just cease accepting flights from hot zones. Of course someone could find a way around that, but it would be more trouble and time consuming to do so. Maybe even enough time for symptoms to start showing up if they actually have Ebola.

Seriously, the people in charge are either as dumb as a box of baby rocks or there is an agenda they are following. I have a tough time coming up with a third plausible view of their actions.

We've already seen enough proof that the medical profession is just not adequately prepared for something like this. Everyone has gotten to complacent about the danger and their budgets have suffered or been redirected accordingly.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #180
WebSlave
This is somewhat over my head, technically, but from what I can figure out, this could be a concern.....

Human asymptomatic Ebola infection and strong inflammatory response

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!