NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:24 PM   #131
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusSqueezer
Hey Dr Jim. You are preaching to the choir. My dad has that problem. He has had his carotid arteries worked on several times. He doesn't keep snakes. If he did, I would advise him not to put a 5 foot carpet python around his neck. Like I said, if you can't get a 5 foot carpet python off you, you have no buisness keeping reptiles or at least not putting them around your neck...but these rare cases certainly don't reflect on everyone who has snakes.
That is a good point. My point is many people who seem healthy have it and do not know it. I would hate for the initial presentation of it to be death by a Boa or Python, irrespective of the size. It's a risk and it's one commonly seen at reptile shows and the like. And that is why I pointed it out.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #132
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Karen, show me where anyone condoned what the pictures show? One quote, please, where it says anything to the effect that "this was OK".
You condone it by not condeming it.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #133
crazycorn
I would like to know how NERD can guarantee that all the snakes are voids if they were rescues?

Old 07-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #134
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
You condone it by not condeming it.
So everyone who has viewed this thread or participated in any way and not condemned it as forcefully as you would like has condoned it? Or am I held to an especially high standard in that regard?

Eh...it's no matter. Please read the following, all from different posts that I have made in this thread and explain again please how I have "condoned" it.
Quote:
I am not happy with what I see in the pictures either
Quote:
As I said earlier, I am indeed disturbed by the pictures. And I agree with a lot of what Gary said.
Quote:
Like I said earlier, I was somewhat disturbed by the content
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusSqueezer
And about context....this has really been eating at me. Under what conceivable context would photos of children petting cobras be acceptable
None at all. I have said from the get go that the pictures were disturbing.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_Duca
Though not having all the proof in the beginning its pretty clear that he is right...NERD was showing the Voids...how is that not supporting it? And they are definately playing with them. From the pics all you see is them acting like they are playing with a worm snake. The only thing he truly had anything to apologize for is posting without all the facts from the start. From where he got it all though...they knew kevin was in the pictures and the context of where it came from...
Very true!!

Old 07-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #135
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
I would like to know how NERD can guarantee that all the snakes are voids if they were rescues?
That is a good question and one to which I would like an answer. Perhaps the best point made in this entire thread.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #136
bcfos
Quote:
So everyone who has viewed this thread or participated in any way and not condemned it as forcefully as you would like has condoned it? Or am I held to an especially high standard in that regard?

No actually low standards. Typical for a bottom feeder like yourself..

Old 07-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #137
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos
No actually low standards. Typical for a bottom feeder like yourself..
What a witty comeback. You must be a member of Mensa.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #138
bcfos
Quote:
What a witty comeback. You must be a member of Mensa.

Don't see you on the national register Jimbo..

Old 07-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #139
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos
Don't see you on the national register Jimbo..
I don't belong to clubs that would have me.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #140
bcfos
Quote:
I don't belong to clubs that would have me.

Don't see any breaking down your doors. And Mensa sure wouldn't have someone with a 63 IQ such as yours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread