We need a new avatar for this board! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 02-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
SamanthaJane13
Actually, it's more about preparing for bad times...I think...and being more self-sufficient...and having a healthier, more Earth-friendly life-style.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!!

Anywho-here are some of the pics I found...and some that were suggested by others-that I cropped/resized.

What do you think of those?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
WebSlave
Sorry guys, but it would make things complicated to be able to implement a specific avatar for this forum. It would require a separate member group which you would be required to be a member of in order to access this forum, therefore triggering the inclusion of that avatar into your profile. Since I can't see any real reason to have this particular forum set up like the HELL forum, in that it must be explicitly joined to access the posts within it, then it wouldn't make any sense to set this particular forum up in that manner to utilize the identifying avatar as is being suggested here.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #13
SamanthaJane13
But...they're so CUTE!!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry guys, but it would make things complicated to be able to implement a specific avatar for this forum. It would require a separate member group which you would be required to be a member of in order to access this forum, therefore triggering the inclusion of that avatar into your profile. Since I can't see any real reason to have this particular forum set up like the HELL forum, in that it must be explicitly joined to access the posts within it, then it wouldn't make any sense to set this particular forum up in that manner to utilize the identifying avatar as is being suggested here.
while i do see where you're coming from, and do agree, i can also see why you might have to sign up to view this forum. some of this content may be disturbing (as in the zombie apocalypse, EOTWAWKI, etc) to some of the more sensitive people. just a thought

Old 02-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
SamanthaJane13
I do agree, Utta...but it's NOT like someone's holding a gun on the and FORCING them to read here.

Kinda like a certain "feminine hygiene receptacle" on Pangea's forum who constantly rags on me for posting "not upbeat" stories.

He wants all sunshine and puppies with people singing Kumbaya...unless the puppies are left dying in the sunshine by the people singing Kumbaya...then he doesn't want to know.

When I asked members to prayfor a terminaly ill chld, he said he came there to get away from bad news, and shouldn't have to see stuff like that on the forum or avoid any posts.

He caused such a stink that the Admin removed it just to shut him up-even after others left prayers and messages of comfort for the child and his family.

I told him that he should be able to tell by the post icons I ALWAYS USE that it's a post that might make him angry or want to cry, and if that's a problem, DON'T READ IT.

But does he listen? Hell, no!! He reads and criticizes the stories I choose to post...most of which are also posted in the BS forum here...and get lots of views or feedback.

So...I just slapped him on my "Ignore This Loser" list.

Anywho-my point is-you can't FORCE them to read-or NOT. But if they do, and complain, you deal with it.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quite likely this forum will contain quite a bit of bad news and pessimistic speculation about the future. That is what people would need to prepare for. The more people know about the potential for negative impacts upon their lives, the more prepared they will be to make choices that might possibly affect their chances to weather such events better off than had they not known about such things at all and been totally unprepared for the effects.

So no, this is not likely to be a "sunshine and puppies" sort of forum for people to hang out in, but I am not inclined to make it a restricted place for people to visit such as the HELL forum is. That was done primarily to keep any resultant profanity or topic matter not appropriate to the rest of this site, confined in that one area. And to make people aware that they have to take special measures in order to read that forum, and that is a conscious choice they have to make.

This forum, while quite probably pretty graphic about the darker side of life, will not be of the same topic matter and orientation as the HELL forum at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!