Is any one representing Ct against boa ban? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
JPCBoas
Is any one representing Ct against boa ban?

I was just wondering if we had anyone fighting the Ct boa and python ban?

I know we had people when it was federal and wondering if the same people

are fighting state by state.

If so who could I contact to give my support. I am a hobbyist for many

years and do not want to give up something I

love doing. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
SPJ
Joe, I am trying to put together a package of letters signed by as many people as possible to try and squash this. I do not currently own either a boa or burm but do not want to see this legislation pass.
If you are interested in helping, shoot me a PM.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Good luck folks!

Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Tombot
I live in CT also and have been monitoring this since it was proposed. I have a friend who worked in the government for awhile- he said that more often than not, bills like this never amount to anything since the state's budget is in the hole for $300 million (or more, not sure). So he said more likely than not, nothing will come for it. However, if you check the website, the bill will be available for a public hearing sometime in the future. I've been checking and no date has been posted yet. But once it is, I plan on calling out of work and missing class to go and testify. That's really all there is to do, atleast that is all I can think of.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
JPCBoas
Thanks for the reply. Please let me know if you hear of the date of the hearing.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
JAS Exotics
I spoke with Phil Goss via email and USARK has contacted Rep. Diana Urban. He has requested a list of addresses, emails, and phone numbers for CT residents that would not mind being contacted by Rep. Urban. She would like to speak directly with CT residents concerning the issue. Thoughts?

I also completed the email link USARK has attached to the proposed bill and received a positive response from Sen. Chapin.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
Tombot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS Exotics View Post
I spoke with Phil Goss via email and USARK has contacted Rep. Diana Urban. He has requested a list of addresses, emails, and phone numbers for CT residents that would not mind being contacted by Rep. Urban. She would like to speak directly with CT residents concerning the issue. Thoughts?

I also completed the email link USARK has attached to the proposed bill and received a positive response from Sen. Chapin.
Jon- Can we exchange contact info via PM? Last semester produced an independent research project on the qualifications of injurious and invasive species as it relates to boas and pythons. The biggest problem I've had is getting someone besides my professors to read it. I would love the chance to share my data with a representative, especially one in my own state.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
agent A
well even though i dont keep boas i might want to some day so i'm against this ban i guess

Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
JPCBoas
Here is a link to put in our input against the ban

http://usark.org/campaign/connecticu...use-bill-5832/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!