lots of turtles and tortoises for sale - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #51
Ron Billingsley
Illegal activity Big Brother is watching

Old 07-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #52
babyboxielover
jeez I didn't know about these laws. I thought as long as they were CB you were ok. Good thing i found out though because my friend gave me a CB turtle and when I did find out I made him take it back within the hour even though he insisted i was mistaken. Just not worth the risk. Ill stick with fuzzy animals i think

Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #53
whytepizza
Jeeze guys, do your research! Laws for each state are different. If you're curious call the game and wildlife commission and they will tell you 100%. You can own any turtle in any state. some states have regulations on shipping and selling. There is no law that will not allow you to have an animal already in your posession if it has been in your custody from birth or was a pet before i law went into affect. They cannot just take your animal or tell you you cannot have it, especially if an animal lives for 100 years!
Research it, and find out your local laws. Big brother is not watching just make sure you know the laws before you purchase anything and you're fine!
Do not remove because it will give poeple an oportunity to do the research themselves and find out about their state's laws.
As for obtaining as a gift, that is allowed in all states. Selling for profit is not always legal but giving one away, selling out of state, and inheriting one is fully lawful.
RESEARCH, don't make presumtions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytepizza
Actually it's only for the sale and distribution of turtles WITHIN the state. If they are shipping outside state lines it doesn't matter. NJ is the same way. Turtle and tortoise selling or buying is illegal in its entirety here, unless, of corse, it is from out of state and flown in and not a natively endangered species. People who have had them for years, and the law suddenly changes, are not obligated to give up their species unless deemed a health risk (like cows with mad cow disease). It is also illegal to transport over the NJ and IN state line by ground. You can look up the state laws. Here's a starter: http://aboxturtle.com/four_inch_law.htm
The link is for Indiana only but tehre is a link for all states. keep close attention to this section:
(d) Exceptions. The provisions of this section are not applicable to:
(1) The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs for bona fide scientific, educational, or
exhibitional purposes, other than use as pets.
(2) The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs not in connection with a business.
(3) The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs intended for export only, provided that the outside of the shipping package is conspicuously labeled ``For Export Only.''
(4) Marine turtles excluded from this regulation under the
provisions of paragraph (a) of this section and eggs of such turtles.

Collection of some species in the wild is outlawed, especially if endangered by the state or fedral government.
http://www.state.in.us/dnr/public/ma.../ask_a_co.html
Other than that it's all good! exporting them is fine, if outside state lines. If over four inches and sold in state tax must be collected on the sale.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #54
roughryder194
what are prices of leopard,chinese box, and burmese tortoise.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #55
turtlesdudes
map turtles

i will give you 6 bucks for 1 of the baby mississippi map turtles please reply ty

Old 08-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #56
critical bill
ROTFLMAO.....LOL.......this is some funny stuff.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #57
t.childers
"sulcatas" price for unrelated male & female

Please give me a price on two Sulcatas if possable a unrelated pr. if not just on what you have. Will need to be shiped to Okla.City
Thank you T.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #58
whytepizza
Does anyone look at how old this posting is?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #59
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemandan602
Im with firestarter, plus most of the people I have had turtles up for sale for a while and i get no responses, i want to buy a turtle and i get no responses.
You should sell the turtle to yourself.

Any bald eagles for sale?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #60
Ron Billingsley
We should re name this "the post that will not die"

1)This person has not responded to anyone's questions in almost six months.
2) He's not put up any more posts
3) Repeating me and others have said that 3/4 of what he is selling is HIGHLY Illegal to do so in the he lives in.
4)IN fish and Game knows about this post (pers. comms).
5) People keep asking about buying the stuff!!! Unbeivable!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread