Updates to the infraction system - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
SERPENTS DEN
I noticed the infractions I previously had that were suppose to expire in 1 year were bumped to 2 years. Sorry but I don't think that's fair, it's like being sentenced twice for the same thing!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
I noticed the infractions I previously had that were suppose to expire in 1 year were bumped to 2 years. Sorry but I don't think that's fair, it's like being sentenced twice for the same thing!
Personally I don't think it's fair that some members require me to have mods here and that those mods need to spend their time trying to get members to behave in a fashion that allows this site to be a more pleasant and comfortable place for everyone.

In the past "warning system" there was NO expiration for the warnings. They were cumulative for the duration of that system. And I have indicated that I intend to gradually increase the pressure on the incentives for people to cease with bending and breaking the rules. Well, the extension of the time limit is one of the ways I am increasing the pressure. I will also be increasing the number of points per infraction, and making it easier to eject those members who are apparently inclined to resist my efforts to make things MUCH better here.

Sorry you aren't too keen on my methods, but I fully expected to have some people resist the changes I am pursuing here, and have some losses within that subset of members as a result.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Personally I don't think it's fair that some members require me to have mods here and that those mods need to spend their time trying to get members to behave in a fashion that allows this site to be a more pleasant and comfortable place for everyone.

In the past "warning system" there was NO expiration for the warnings. They were cumulative for the duration of that system. And I have indicated that I intend to gradually increase the pressure on the incentives for people to cease with bending and breaking the rules. Well, the extension of the time limit is one of the ways I am increasing the pressure. I will also be increasing the number of points per infraction, and making it easier to eject those members who are apparently inclined to resist my efforts to make things MUCH better here.

Sorry you aren't too keen on my methods, but I fully expected to have some people resist the changes I am pursuing here, and have some losses within that subset of members as a result.
Rich, The point I was making is not about your past warning system and not even your new warning system. I accumulated infractions prior to this new system that were to expire in one year and now it says 2 years.

For instance say someone loses their license for 1 year and several months later a new law emerges that the current offense is a 2 year loss of license. Would it be fair for that person to lose their license for 2 years on a prior offense?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
hhmoore
Steve - I just took a look at your infraction record...
The only one with a two year expiration is the most recent one, and that was applied after the changes to the infraction system. (If prior infraction expirations HAD changed, I would have agreed with your argument)

Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #15
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Steve - I just took a look at your infraction record...
The only one with a two year expiration is the most recent one, and that was applied after the changes to the infraction system. (If prior infraction expirations HAD changed, I would have agreed with your argument)

You're right Harold, sorry Rich.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #16
tinmantribe5
You know the funny thing about the warning points people get is that a lot of times the Mods will give you a Heads up to clean up your act your self,If you dont Heed their advise people have no one to blame but our selves when we get SMACKED DOWN too size!

Old 04-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #17
Ed Clark
Just curious?

Why is it a persons infractions are displayed on their public profile while others are not?

Below is an example taken off of my public profile.

Quote:
* About Me
* Statistics
* Friends
* Infractions

Old 04-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
Ed Clark
This was taken off steves public profile, no infractions displayed.

I use him as an example because you were talking about his infractions and none are there.

Quote:
* About Me
* Statistics
* Friends
* Contact Info

Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #19
JordanAng420
Ed, I think that you and the mods can only view your own infractions. It appears to you as if there is an extra tab when you view your own profile, but others cannot see it, only you can.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #20
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Ed, I think that you and the mods can only view your own infractions. It appears to you as if there is an extra tab when you view your own profile, but others cannot see it, only you can.
Sounds like a reasonable answer. thanks M

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!