IL CONSTRICTOR LAWS - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
Tim Cole
JOSEPH,

You may want to check a map BEFORE you go DOWN to Wheaton since it is NORTH of Joliet! LOL

Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #12
constrictorcrazi74
and the reason of u saying that was ??????? i now were it is trust me

Old 03-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
xrayeric1993
Read the law

If you believe everything that you read on a website, then I pity your ignorance. Please show me (besides on the chs website) where it specifically states that a constrictor in Illinois must be under six feet in length. I don't know Chicago laws, but the myth of the six foot law has been around for several years and I'm not sure why that is true. Perhaps instead of lashing out against me on this forum you should provide proof. Please google the Dangerous Animal Act of Illinois and point out where it states that a constrictor must be under six feet without a permit. Unless you are an attorney (I certainly am not) please provide backing for your statement.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
constrictorcrazi74
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayeric1993
If you believe everything that you read on a website, then I pity your ignorance. Please show me (besides on the chs website) where it specifically states that a constrictor in Illinois must be under six feet in length. I don't know Chicago laws, but the myth of the six foot law has been around for several years and I'm not sure why that is true. Perhaps instead of lashing out against me on this forum you should provide proof. Please google the Dangerous Animal Act of Illinois and point out where it states that a constrictor must be under six feet without a permit. Unless you are an attorney (I certainly am not) please provide backing for your statement.

pity my ignorance can you please show me were i lashed out on you alls i asked was about the ill constrictor laws and backing my state ment if you read what i had said i asked if someone can provide me with the laws so i can play it on the safe side and were in this did i bring your name in any sort or form if you can please show me were i brought you into this conversation in any way would be nice and what i was asking about that i had HEARD that constrictors over 6ft were state and constrictors over 8 ft were federal and i work with some pretty knowledgeable people on reptiles that have told me that them laws were what i had asked so please dont come at me sayin i lashed out on you when i have no clue who you are ok thanks

joe

Old 03-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #15
Tim Cole
2 comments...

1) Joseph, Please use spellcheck and punctuation. One long rambling sentence is very difficult to read and understand.

2) Having been an Animal Control Officer and someone that does educational programs with reptiles, I can tell you that there is NO Federal Law in regards to the size of a pet snake.

If you insist on arguing with people, please get a grasp on the English language and do your research.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:04 AM   #16
constrictorcrazi74
wow are you a english teacher to ?????????? and do u live in ill to say there is restrictions on reptiles in ill ?????????

Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 AM   #17
Tim Cole
Thumbs down I lived

in Illinois for 27 years and moved from there because of the restrictions on owning reptiles.

You don't need to be a teacher to speak and write English.
I'm not arguing with you, I'm trying to help you present yourself more clearly so that we can understand you.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:09 AM   #18
constrictorcrazi74
and i appreciate your help im just saying i asked a simple question about laws and im getting lectured on grammer .And how im acusing someone of lieing and lashing out on them when i have no idea who they are .I wasnt trying to be ignorant and i apoligize for my ignorance no hard feelings
thanks for the help
o yea but i still havent found any laws on the restriction on constrictors yet if you guys can point me in a direction of knowing what the restriction are would help alot
thanks
joe

Old 03-31-2007, 03:55 AM   #19
xrayeric1993
Constrictor

I'm sorry if thought my comment was directed towards you, it was not. directed to Michael Malik.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:02 AM   #20
constrictorcrazi74
its ok i kinda figured that one out after i posted my comment lol but thanks for your help

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!