Update on Dave Lawson Situation - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-03-2002, 03:52 AM   #51
xpensivegecko
WOW this just totally pisses me off.  Isnt it funny as hell that Neil comes on here on the attack expecting answers to the SAME type of questions that he avoided in a hundred and something pages of B.S. last month??? I wasn't even going to post on this thread but this is a joke.  Neil persists on getting his jabs in on Dave whenever possible and is still not living by the same rules he puts on others.  Hey Neil, clean up your own backyard first, then MAYBE some people here will start taking your opinions seriously.

Old 08-03-2002, 11:40 AM   #52
Dave Lawson
I just heard a nasty "rumor" (please remember it is a rumor). I heard that Neil has talked Ron into getting a attorney.Well Ron I hope that this is incorrect info,I would hate to see you spend money you do not have.

Old 08-03-2002, 12:22 PM   #53
Neil Gubitz
Dave...starting your own rumors again??? I haven't spoke to Ron in days and the last time I spoke to him, I told him to just let this go because it wasn't worth it! I did't mention word one about an attorney....what's he gonna get...you don't have anything??

This whole thing reminds me of the real scary movies where the audience knows what's going to happen and they keep yelling at the screen for them NOT to go in there!! But, they go in anyway, and as soon as they do....CURTAINS!!
I feel like the "audience" trying to get you people to see the light of day! If you don't want to listen, or don't care what I say....go do all the business you want....just don't come crying to me when you get burned!! And you WILL! Enjoy!! ....Neil

Old 08-03-2002, 12:32 PM   #54
xpensivegecko
Dave, normally i try to give you the benefit of the doubt, as I used to do Neil, but learn from Neil's example.  He just couldnt stop getting jabs in whenever possible and you are doing the same thing. Stop with the arrogant cracks like "I'd hate to see you spend money you don't have."

Am I the only guy on this board that thinks all pompous(sp), arrogant, jack-offs who think they're above it all be thrown off??  I think that this board basically proved what type of people both Neil and Dave are.

Old 08-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #55
xpensivegecko
[If you don't want to listen, or don't care what I say....go do all the business you want....just don't come crying to me when you get burned!! And you WILL! Enjoy!! ....Neil]

Whoa, I was sleeping all night so I must've missed the world stopping and Neil becoming the KNOW IT ALL GRAND POOBAH of the herp businesss.  Neil, last time I checked, lying and ignoring people who gave you money is not good business.  So keep your opinion of your business paractices and ethics to yourself.

Old 08-03-2002, 02:06 PM   #56
Neil Gubitz
Hey...thanks for the complement, Chris!...I guess I must be doing something right!! ....Neil

Old 08-03-2002, 02:40 PM   #57
RETICS
DAVE AS FAR IS THE LAWYER THING I DONT KNOW WERE YOU GOT YOU SO CALLED INFO from I HAVE NOT TALKED TO NEIL IN DAYS.
YOU KNOW BY THE TIME THIS IS OVER WITH I HOPE PEOPLE SEE YOUR BUISNESS FOR WHAT IT IS . AND DAVE YOU WANTED TO KNOW HOW LONG I GUARNTEE MY ANIMAL I GIVE 1 WEEK THAT THEY ARE FEEDING AND HEALTHY. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY WHEN I SOLD THE STUFF I GOT FROM YOU I LOST A LOT OF MONEY. and dave in your garutee it saye all animals are guarented feeding wich is why i called in the first place on these snakes because none of them were feeding and Died .

Old 08-03-2002, 02:41 PM   #58
RETICS
i forgo to put myname in last post

ronald allen

Old 08-03-2002, 04:10 PM   #59
lyncheyez
This is an interesting post…

From what I gather, between the dramas, is this amalgam is what I think happened:

-Following several, presumably profitable, deals with Dave, Ron decided on another deal.

-So Dave Lawson sold a lot of imported balls Ronald Allen for the purpose of making a profit from them (and yes it matters)

-Ronald sold some of the balls to some lady, who intern shipped them back (3rd domestic trip).

-Shortly thereafter all the balls started experiencing trouble, dying I suppose.

-Then Ron (and wife) and Dave discussed the problem, presumably several times and arrived at a partial replacement for the ones that had died, 3 I think.

-Ron posted that all had been taken care of, which he now says he lied about; this fact alone if hurting his credibility on the issue. It’s hard to understand why you would bow to that kind of pressure over the loss of a few balls.

-Presumably things get worse with the balls, more die etc.

-Further conversations, and missed conversations, between Ron and Dave have produced a hostile relationship; to a point that nothing is being rectified by Dave and he is blowing Ron off as a PITA.

-Now we have a long post about it all, and few facts seem clear.

In my opinion everyone involved probably has some fault in this situation. But Dave is selling know WC animals (surly at a fairly slim mark-up as I used to manage a secondary import business in VA Beach) to someone who will then use them to turn a profit. Dave’s guarantee is minimal and not very specific (but appropriate in his situation), but you dealt with him before and accepted it on face value. Now as soon as you sold those snakes off and shipped them, it’s now your guarantee that’s in place, not Dave’s. Everyone is taking a risk using reptiles to turn a profit, Dave accepts his from the importation, and you should accept yours as a “jobber”. I agree with a previous poster, if you want detailed guarantees with minimal risk, try farming out some CB balls, there’s plenty around.

BTW I can on this post because I was looking at a Dave Lawson ad, tough call now

Randy May
“Lyncheyez”

Old 08-03-2002, 06:20 PM   #60
Dave Lawson
Neil and Ron,From what both of you have posted I will apologize.I did post that it was a rumor and it seems that it was incorrect so again I am sorry. Neil,you and I have had many dealings and to my knowlege you were always happy with what you got from me now you keep making remarks that I have burned most of the people I have sold to. Sir , if you have knowlege or proof that I have all these sour deals please post names.Ron's is the only bad post saying that I sell bad reptiles.Please feel free to correct me but please post proof not here say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!