Trying to leave feedback - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
Josieb1313
Trying to leave feedback

Hello, I am trying to leave a positive feedback for the breeder that I bought my snakes from and it says I do not have permission to do that. What do I have to do to be able to leave feedback for him?

Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
brd7666
You need to be a contributing member to leave feedback.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Shadera
You could always leave some positive feedback on the BOI for them. Just because you can't leave a trader rating doesn't mean you can't leave anything at all to let other folks know how your deal went.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
dragonlvr64
OR...you could become a contributing member

Old 09-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Josieb1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
OR...you could become a contributing member
I just checked that out....thinking I'm going to do that

Old 09-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1313 View Post
I just checked that out....thinking I'm going to do that
Cool! Good deal

Old 09-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Maybe the default message should be 'you must be a contributing member' instead of just saying 'you don't have permission'?

I left a trader rating for someone, they went to do the same back to me got that message, asked webslave who responded something along the lines of 'check the forums this has been discussed repeatedly' so the person still didn't know the answer. Their only posts had been the one ad in the classifieds and they aren't familiar with this site, I asked them to please give the site a chance and there were a lot of good things on the site but they seemed off-put by what they thought was a curt reply with no direct answer.

I know it gets annoying to always answer the same question over and over especially after webslave just had dealt with someone asking for special permission to post trader ratings even though they didn't want to pay, so I understand the reason for the 'short' reply, but maybe the canned 'you must be a contributing member' alert would help alleviate this issue of people asking all the time?

just an idea...
-April

Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
WebSlave
Well, it's a generic error message that covers several possible reasons why someone cannot access a particular page. The error detection code isn't smart enough to be context sensitive to know exactly what is being attempted and therefore select the most appropriate and accurate response to give.

For instance, someone who is just not registered here may attempt to post a reply to a thread, get a message saying "You must be a paid contributor member to post in this forum", and think that only PAID members can post ANYWHERE on this site. Which would likely turn away quite a few potential members as a result.

You would be amazed at how often people simply jump to conclusions by skimming the directions and not READING what they say. Heck, I had to take the words "Do NOT use your phone number!" out of the registration prompt for the location field because apparently a LOT of people were just skimming the sentences and wound up using the phone number, not even seeing the admonition "NOT". Since removing that statement, I haven't had a single registration making that mistake....

Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, it's a generic error message that covers several possible reasons why someone cannot access a particular page. The error detection code isn't smart enough to be context sensitive to know exactly what is being attempted and therefore select the most appropriate and accurate response to give.
Ahhhh.. that makes sense. Thanks Rich

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!