Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #141
jmwboas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post

Ken charged me an additional $20 to sex the snakes, then put them together!
Do you have a copy of the invoice where it states that you paid $20 for the sexing of the snakes?

Also you stated that these animals where INFESTED with mites, yet it took your vet to tell you that?!
Obviously you have never seen a mite infestation. You would know. You said earlier that you have been in this hobby for about 3 yrs so far, if Im not mistaken. So in 3 yrs of keeping reptiles you have not learned how to spot mites which really isn't hard, or learned how to treat them either, you haven't made any contacts that could help you with sexing since your arm maybe doesn't allow you to do the sexing. I breed boas, I know how to sex boas, when I decided to get a couple ball pythons for a side project I called up a buddy that breeds balls and lives right down the road from me. He was more than happy to help me out!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #142
VegasBilly
Denny. I replied early on in this thread regarding you having a buddy call Ken with an inquiry on multiple pairs of various species of snakes. After Ken spent a great deal of time sexing them all to verify whether or not he could fill the order your buddy then stated "after what you did to my friend with the Rosy Boas I'm taking my business elsewhere"....or something to that effect.

I have asked you to comment on that for now the third time yet you conveniently glossed over it each time. Your repeated silence in this regard speaks volumes. In your righteous indignation you seem to be unable to escape your myopic view of this entire transaction. The incredible immaturity shown in a ruse like that clouds any stance you could have had in this situation IMHO.

It is posts like this that have driven me from being a direct seller of offspring in a public market place such as this. I sold 14 Zonata at wholesale prices....for far less than their fair market value so as to not open myself up petty people such as yourself. I'll let the jobber deal with people like you. I did end up posting 2 lone animals here but offer free delivery in adjoining states so as to hopefully conclude any transactions face-to-face.

I'm sure I'm not the only small-time breeder who has seen all to much drama such as this take place and has opted out of the soap opera.

Bill

Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #143
TakinANapster
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwboas View Post
Do you have a copy of the invoice where it states that you paid $20 for the sexing of the snakes?

Also you stated that these animals where INFESTED with mites, yet it took your vet to tell you that?!
Obviously you have never seen a mite infestation. You would know. You said earlier that you have been in this hobby for about 3 yrs so far, if Im not mistaken. So in 3 yrs of keeping reptiles you have not learned how to spot mites which really isn't hard, or learned how to treat them either, you haven't made any contacts that could help you with sexing since your arm maybe doesn't allow you to do the sexing. I breed boas, I know how to sex boas, when I decided to get a couple ball pythons for a side project I called up a buddy that breeds balls and lives right down the road from me. He was more than happy to help me out!
I wish I knew a fellow breeder close by, but alas I do not. I know many that would be more than happy to help me out, I know, but they are not within driving distance

No, I have not to date had a case of mites. This is the first time. I did not catch them because my eyes are very bad. It even took the Vet a while to point them out to me. That's why it took me a while to get a good picture also....I had to enlist my wifes' help, and she HATES snakes! But the picture I posted clearly shows some on the snake, and that's after we have already started treatment.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #144
TakinANapster
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBilly View Post
Denny. I replied early on in this thread regarding you having a buddy call Ken with an inquiry on multiple pairs of various species of snakes. After Ken spent a great deal of time sexing them all to verify whether or not he could fill the order your buddy then stated "after what you did to my friend with the Rosy Boas I'm taking my business elsewhere"....or something to that effect.

I have asked you to comment on that for now the third time yet you conveniently glossed over it each time. Your repeated silence in this regard speaks volumes. In your righteous indignation you seem to be unable to escape your myopic view of this entire transaction. The incredible immaturity shown in a ruse like that clouds any stance you could have had in this situation IMHO.

It is posts like this that have driven me from being a direct seller of offspring in a public market place such as this. I sold 14 Zonata at wholesale prices....for far less than their fair market value so as to not open myself up petty people such as yourself. I'll let the jobber deal with people like you. I did end up posting 2 lone animals here but offer free delivery in adjoining states so as to hopefully conclude any transactions face-to-face.

I'm sure I'm not the only small-time breeder who has seen all to much drama such as this take place and has opted out of the soap opera.

Bill

Hello Bill,

Being friends with Ken I don't blame you for wanting to protect his reputation. However, in this case, he was definitely in the wrong....I could excuse the sexing, maybe, but not the mites!

As far as me putting my buddy up to wastng Kens time....A close friend/breeder was ready to make a purchase from Ken. We were in chat on Yahoo when I found out, and I told him my story. He is a friend of mine, like you are to Ken. He cancelled his order and will no longer do business with Ken either. I did NOT put him up to it, he made his choice after listening to his "friend".

-Joe

PS. Have you seen my pic of the mites?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #145
Willow
Ok...I don't know the OP or Ken at all...but this thread makes my fricken head hurt...

Am I crazy or did I just miss the picture of mites??

weather or not you can figure out how to post the picture here is not an excuse for us to just take your word on the mites...so at this point in time...its an unsupported claim with no proof....if you can prove the mites...you may have a case on that end

pics or it didn't happen *shrug*

But please learn your terminology in this hobby...buying a "sexed" pair of snakes means you will be getting one male snake and one female snake...thats what you got

buying a sexed pair of snakes does NOT mean the breeder needs to separate and identify when shipping unless it was requested in the first place (in fact I know many people who DO request them be packed this way...they know to REQUEST IT NOT EXPECT IT)
Some people separate the snakes inside the box...others do not...I have received packages both ways many many times

you did not specify that you wanted them separate and labeled...so you actually have no claim on that...he has no way of reading your mind on how you want them shipped....and it doesn't matter what you think the "norm" in the industry is, because everyone ships differently....next time you should make sellers aware of all of your requirements before you give them any money.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #146
Ken Foose
Well Denny, another bunch of posts, some true, some half truths and then there are the outright lies. First, you and I have spoken on the phone twice. Once when you placed the order, and once when you asked me to tell you which snake was which. I'm sorry if I put you on hold. Sometimes I have customers standing in front of me and I need to take care of them first. I should have got your phone # and called you back at a later time. Sorry, I was not trying to be rude. Once again, nowhere, in that one phone call or in any emails did you ever mention mites. Yep, I did get an email from you dated 10-1 about the mites. Keep in mind that I close at 7, and I don't have a computer at home. I was off on Sunday, and only became aware of this thread late last night when my wife had to go on the stores screename to look up something she needed. Otherwise I woudn't have known any of this until about right now.

I never charged you $20 to sex the snakes. I don't do that. If you buy a snake from me, on the net or in the store, I automatically sex it for you. If, however, you bring a snake into my place that did not come from me, I charge $5 to sex them. And, there is an invoice in each and every shipment I send out. It is a printed invoice with your copy of the credit card transaction stapled to it. Everytime. If someone pays with a money order, there's just the reciept. Yours would have had your name, fed ex tracking #, what you bought and the price (just the pair of snakes), and the shipping cost. You sir are a lier. It's to the point now that I won't trust anything you say anymore. You gave the snakes the mites! There, how's that? Don't make me go all Monty Python on you. It would not be pretty, and the Mods will get mad at me.

If anyone else here that's bought anything from me, and is not currently pissed at me could please verify that they got an invoice just the way I described with thier shipment, that would be great. I'll see what I can do about the emails. I was actually going to do the same thing Denny did to post them, so they'd be in a nice neat orderly fashion. I might have to get Kim to help me. Computer wiz I ain't.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #147
Ken Foose
I posted the above without using the spell check, sorry.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #148
Willow
OH! last thought

its not Ken's problem that you, in this hobby, cant sex a snake. Even if you did request him to sex them for you, you didn't request him to separate and label them for you to identify. It is not his responsibility to know your lack of experience with sexing snakes.

I would suggest learning how to sex a snake....OR....stop trying to bust the money outta your seller to pay the vet bill you require because you cant sex a snake.

That would be like me trying to charge the person who sold me my dog because I cant clip his nails without taking him to a groomer....I mean come on now...

Old 10-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #149
Ken Foose
I'm sorry, but this is going to have to do for now until Kim shows me how to do it the right way

This is my first email to Denny:

Joe, they are a sexed pair. I guarantee it. I'm not willing to pay the $40 to have them probed. If you are unhappy with the snakes, please send them back and I will give you a full refund for the price you paid for them. Or, send them back and I'll probe them for you, put them in separate container and send them back to you, which would cost more then the probing a vet would for you. I'm at a loss as to what else to suggest, except perhaps have one of your friends that knows reptiles to probe it for you. It only takes 30 seconds. Or I can sell you a set of probes and mail them to you.

Thanks, Ken
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702) 631-7387
fx (702) 631-7367
www.Exoticpetslv.com

Old 10-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #150
Willow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
I posted the infested snake pic to "My Photos"....I didn't know any other way to get it here. The pic is on my profile for viewing.
I might not be trying hard enough, but I see no photo

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!