Bad Guy Kevin Rivera stole my snake! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:56 AM   #11
BobO'Booey
It certainly seems as though the guy has no idea what he's doing, certainly when it comes to shipping and you likely would have gotten a dead snake for your trouble. I would consider myself lucky that I got my money back. I'm certainly not a lawyer but you were made whole when you got your money back. Quite frankly there are so many highly reputable ball python sellers on this platform that you could probably get a snake like that for less money and shipped properly for the good of you and for the good of the snake. I do have to say that I did find the exchange between the two of you quite humorous especially at the end when it all went South. And if I am being completely honest if I were in your position I would not have had the cojones to have published that in a public forum. Lol

Old 05-22-2018, 12:59 AM   #12
Runs_With_Wolves
Cojones or stupidity, Im still mad. Im glade I got my money back, but its not about the money at this point.

Oh well. Better snakes are on the horizon.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:03 AM   #13
BobO'Booey
I can understand the frustration we have all been there at one point or another. I bet you are a really nice young lady and I hope you get a very healthy snake of your choosing from one of the fine people on this forum.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 AM   #14
Runs_With_Wolves
Thank you. (Although nice is not something most people describe me as. Maybe pig headed and stubborn, but thanks all the same.) I'm new at all of this, and I find myself sirprised at how some deals just fall through. I was taught growing up that deals are something to stick with. Guess I'm a bit thin skinned with all of this. One of my snakes got sick recently and it cost quite a bit to fix at the vet. I think all of this stress and disappointment came to a head here. Oh well. I am already window shopping a bit. Hope to find something nice. Thanks for the kindness.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:29 AM   #15
BobO'Booey
Good, I was raised by my grandfather who taught me the greatest contract you could make with somebody is signed with a handshake, that's how he bought his first house. If I can be of any help to you in the future please don't be afraid to ask.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:47 AM   #16
Runs_With_Wolves
Thank you so much. Your Grandfather sounds like an amazing person. Just like you! It's always nice to meet new kind people, which seems to be kinda hard to do sometimes. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to find you.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:55 AM   #17
chrismcvey09
he refunded the money. i know you're upset that things didnt work out. he didnt break any laws because you got your money back. sorry dude, let it go. its over. if he never shipped the animal and you never got your money then yes. just make people aware that he sucks. its all you can do.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:58 AM   #18
chrismcvey09
however, if youd like to contact me about some amazing snakes for an amazing price i know a few people. shoot me a message with what you are looking for and i will send you links to them

Old 05-22-2018, 05:38 AM   #19
nickolasanastasiou
Christopher, the BOI is not the place for that. Contact people privately to begin with or via the classifieds.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:51 AM   #20
nickolasanastasiou
As for this aborted deal, the seller obviously is not knowledgeable about shipping and was largely uncomfortable with that. I can understand why he reversed the transaction.

The buyer is not looking too knowledgeable about shipping either. No corrective address of the seller's mention of the hand warmer usage in a boxed FedEx shipment as an example. There are other things one could question, too, but I do not have enough detail to be sure and my field of give-a-craps is pretty much barren anyway when it comes to that subtopic since this situation is basically over with.

The police were contacted over this? I do not even know exactly what to say about that. Are you kidding me? Really? Life is going to surprise you if that is the kind of response you take when in this sort of situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!