Allen from Reptile Kingdom, in New Jersey, Beware - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:08 AM   #131
MikeCurtin
My advice: Contact paypal immediately and discuss this with them. Leave a trail down every path...(don't use breadcrumbs) Also, leave emotion out of it!!! Who knows, but we may know the same "types" up here and most guys who've been around the block as you have said you've been do not let their emotions show. Do everything in your power to communicate on the record that you will only accept PAYMENT IN FULL. Send the money back to his wife'S account with instuctions to him stating as such.

"Every time I think I'm out....they pull me back in!!!"

Old 03-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #132
seminoleranch
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
My advice: Contact paypal immediately and discuss this with them. Leave a trail down every path...(don't use breadcrumbs)
Agree completely, when I went threw this I had a paper trail that seem a mile long to back me up. If you need to take this any futher you will have to have proof, he said/she said will do you no good. Document, Document and Document again.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #133
memnoch1970
thats good advice nemo, its ashame its come to this. allright thanks again everyone. and jason i took your post the wrong way i apologize for my reaction post. i should of read it more carefully.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #134
joepythons
agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
My advice: Contact paypal immediately and discuss this with them. Leave a trail down every path...(don't use breadcrumbs) Also, leave emotion out of it!!! Who knows, but we may know the same "types" up here and most guys who've been around the block as you have said you've been do not let their emotions show. Do everything in your power to communicate on the record that you will only accept PAYMENT IN FULL. Send the money back to his wife'S account with instuctions to him stating as such.

"Every time I think I'm out....they pull me back in!!!"
I agree with every word

Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #135
kmurphy
Classic Dum's wrote:

Quote:
I only read the first ten pages or so but my advice to you guys he has sent bad checks to is file criminal charges, writing bad checks is a criminal offense,
Chris, Jason wasn't even talking about accepting partial payment in your situation. His post was for those that had received bad checks. I don't believe Allen ever sent you a bad check. So your case is a civil matter right now. Keep the partial payment and keep on him to send you the rest.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:13 AM   #136
Classic Dum's
in the begining of this thread there was a couple people that had issues I think one that sent stuff COD and recived a bad check and another that sent stuff on good faith and recived nothing, im addressing the people who recieved the bad checks,

the good faith issue is most likely a civil matter, although some states do have "theft by deception" laws which good faith can fall under, they "deceived" you by telling you they would pay you once you sent the goods then never paid you

look dude if you received a bad check contact your local police, paypal has NOTHING to do with the court system, explain the situation to them and tell them you wish to file charges

I dont know this for sure but i would imagine refusing the partial paypal payment he sent you is no differant then mailing back a partial check as far as court/criminal charges are concerned, you cant control him sending it to you, you can control keeping it, before you send it back this AM contact your local police explain everything to them, things vary from state to state and in YOUR state I could be completly wrong, if I am right they will tell you to send the paypal payment back and file a criminal complaint, if i wrong theyll tell you to keep it becasue it may be all you ever see

as far as the two hr thing from the time he sent it till my post, if your implying that I am friends or trying to help him, your wrong, I remeber seeing him and his wife at harve de grace 10yrs or more ago, but couldnt pick either out of a line up now

this may seem harse but I dont have simpathy for thieves, I would rather file charges see them get in trouble then jack around with them, anyway best of luck

Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #137
kmurphy
There is no advantage to sending back the partial payment in Chris' case. In fact, by accepting it as partial payment it verifies that Allen owes Chris this money. Allen in essence is admitting to the debt and verifying it. That's why credit card companies accept partial payment when you are behind. Each time you send in a partial payment you're accepting the debt with the accumulated interest and penalties. It just clearly has to be stated that it is partial payment only and the total amount owed.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #138
spawn
So acknowledging that Paypal has nothing to do with the money issue other than being a third party, what is the next step in Chris's action to make it clear he's accepting it as a PARTIAL PAYMENT, and is acknowledging a debt is STILL owed? Does he sit and wait for the "good faith" or should he just contact the police and go from there?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #139
kmurphy
The police are not going to get involved except for maybe dropping by Al's house and speaking with him. There are plenty of things that Al could say that would cause them to drop back and let he and Chris work it out by themselves.

Chris should make copies of every email, paypal transaction etc. Nothing should be done over the phone, everything in writing. Even if there is a phone conversation and follow-up email that is confirmed by Al should be done. He also should stay off this thread for the most part.

Obviously Al isn't someone to do business with. He scams people into shipping before payment, for animals he cannot afford until he sells them. Evidently he is a regular at shows with essentially stolen animals.

If Chris did get Al to send him a check, that was no good, then he would have something to fall back on, as Jason pointed out. But other then that he should accept money as it comes.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #140
memnoch1970
all this info is really helpful, i appreciate all of it.jason once again i apologize for slammin you. i jumped to conclusions on that. further more i think if allen was tryin to get over in that way.... why send 400.00 dollars why not 50.00 or 100.00??? allen called me today assureing me this was not the case. he said he would make good on the balance by monday. dont get me wrong im still very sceptical but im hoping he realized what hes done is hurting his buisness and reputation. i just want this resolved.. if he screws me he screws me lesson learned. but if he does ill do everything in my power to make his buisness and life suffer miserably. i dont want that, and im sure allen doesnt want that. he sounded sincere about the issue this morning. so ill let it play out till monday. im done posting on this matter till then. maybe im stupid for thinking like this but im tired of always lookin for the worst in people. we shall see. thanks again for all the info..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!