Inquiry Cold Blooded Enclosures - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
rjimison
Cold Blooded Enclosures

I have read all of the negative or questionable reviews about Cold Blooded Enclosures. I have read their disclaimer on their site. I also understand how with custom orders, hickups and delays can and will occur.

Given all of that information, I decided to give them a try (possibly a bad idea in hind sight), however, I do not want to count them out yet. I ordered a 24 slot, 6 qt hatchling rack from them that was supposed to come with heat and tubs already installed. I ordered the rack on August 8th I believe, ( may be off by a day or two) and let the order be. About 6 weeks went by and I decided to contact them as it felt like a while. I was replied to a few days after reminding me how custom work takes time and that although they don't do progress checks on work, that he would check into my particular order. At the 2 month mark, I decided to email them again to see what was going on and never heard back from the first inquiry or this one.

I am starting to believe all of the negative reviews, however, I cannot get any word from the company about any details, not even a reason as to why he didn't respond.

Does anyone have any experience with these guys that hasn't already put up a post about them? I would love to hear both positive and negative experiences and if anyone has any insight into what is going on. I can't get any response from them and it bums me out right now that I sent them money and can't even get an email back. Any help, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
uromastyx13
If you saw the bad BOI on steve nigri why risk it? He's actively on facebook under " uro chris" trying to sell his Uromastyx collection he tried to scam me months ago but after asking around about him glad i didn't , Good luck on your troubles hope it works out for the best. I would clearly stay away from him i would demand a refund right away or call your credit card company and bank

Old 10-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
rjimison
In hindsight, I should have, but there were only a few negative notes, and not an extensive amount of them. I wasn't truly convinced I guess. Unfortunately, they don't do any cancellations or refunds after the initial 24hr mark after placing the order. Probably too late for me on that front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-25-2015, 11:01 PM   #4
cindy thomson
If you paid with a credit card have your bank do a charge back right away.
Tell them you will not put up with credit card fraud.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #5
rjimison
I paid with my debit card but it was roughly 2.5 months ago so I'm not sure if that would fly at this point

Old 10-25-2015, 11:33 PM   #6
bcr229
I would call your bank tomorrow.

My business also takes credit cards. If I run a card and don't ship within 30 days my merchant processor can hit me with fees over and above the chargeback fee. We don't run cards until we ship.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #7
rjimison
Interesting. Thank you for that information. I may just do that then as this has gone on for waaaaay too damn long. I needed the rack a month ago and now I don't need it and at this point would rather just have my money back. I get custom work takes time, but this is kinda ridiculous. Thanks for your advice

Old 10-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #8
rjimison
Called the bank. Got my money back. Lesson learned: don't buy from cold blooded enclosures. Done

Old 10-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #9
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjimison View Post
Called the bank. Got my money back. Lesson learned: don't buy from cold blooded enclosures. Done

Glad you got your money back!
Sometimes information is definitely king and the majority are usually not wrong....lol
Just because they are custom does not mean it should take 3 months or more to fulfill unless they were completely upfront and stated an extended timeline BEFORE any sale was ever made.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #10
rjimison
Me too. I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt from the start. Failed. On their site it gives a very vague and open ended statement about fulfilling orders as they receive them and it could take several weeks blah blah that sorta stuff. Several weeks and several months are two totally different things

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!