Bad Guy Ripped off by John Fick in Dundalk Md - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:14 AM   #21
Casey Hulse
Quote:
End of story. I'm getting my turtles back, and he's out $117 for that little stunt.
Great ending, Good job!
There are so many apt sayings that could apply here "if it looks too good", Buyer Beware" etc...
This website has probably saved normal hobbiest millions of hard earned dollars over the years, I know it has saved me a bunch!
It is thanks to Rich Z. and all of the honest members and moderators willing to spend their valuable time trying to ferret out info. and expose fraudulent activity in this hobby that has made it enjoyable to me for so many years.
I would like to salute all of the people here who make scumbagging so difficult for the few!

Old 07-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #22
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
In the household, the following individuals are listed as residing at 2818 Plainfield Rd., Dundalk, MD 21222:
1) James T. Hanlin (approx. 81 yrs.old) - Owner.
2) Rebecca R. Hanlin (approx. 63 yrs. old) - Owner.
3) Paul E. Hanlin (approx. 46 yrs. old)
4) Mary Bartock (approx. 52 yrs. old)

I found a name & address (not one listed above) connected to the phone number, that you listed, but have not been able to verify that individual's existence.
'Course, although it appears to be current data, it is possible that the person, who is listed, was a previous owner of that number or even a possibility that the data is incorrect.
You can add #5 - James H. Hanlon, 58 years old, picked up once for burglary / 4th degree theft in 2011 according to court records available at http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/

Old 07-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #23
Chris Kennard
Glad I didnt start this thread. The infractions for the AHOLE bomb would have been made a spectacle of. Just sayin'.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #24
cool cat
John Fick

I believe I also ALMOST had a run in with him also , he had some Arizona Mtn Kings PYRO'S for sale ..

I talked to him on the phone he seemed very nervous and hurried me along to do the deal , he sent his paypal info and luckily I didn't send any money .

I never heard from him , no phone calls , no texts , no emails , nothing , it was like he fell off the earth .
I believe it was the same fellow he used the name John Fick with me too !!!!

Old 07-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #25
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
I believe I also ALMOST had a run in with him also , he had some Arizona Mtn Kings PYRO'S for sale ..

I talked to him on the phone he seemed very nervous and hurried me along to do the deal , he sent his paypal info and luckily I didn't send any money .

I never heard from him , no phone calls , no texts , no emails , nothing , it was like he fell off the earth .
I believe it was the same fellow he used the name John Fick with me too !!!!
What was his phone number and PayPal?

Old 07-02-2016, 12:03 PM   #26
Ceh23
We really need to get his name (all his names...) out there as a known scam artist. Not all of us will be lucky enough to research and find out. Obviously he is succeeding with a few so continues until he gets caught and pays for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-19-2016, 03:51 AM   #27
nianubisn
He also ripped me off. I still have my text conversations. Anyway we can get the police involved.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #28
hhmoore
Given the name variants used, Johnfic55 has been contacted via PM about confirming his identity. Of course, he hasn't logged on to that account since the day this thread was posted; so he may already have created a new one. If anybody is contacted by him, under a different account name - please post that information here.

and, Chris, it could only have been made a spectacle of by you.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:45 AM   #29
nickolasanastasiou
Here is another.

BMExotics59

Name associated with that account: Brian Michaels

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=164168

BMExotics59@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------

At least one member should be along in time to share his experience.

Please remain vigilant.

As a word of advice regarding a factor common to some of these scams, there is a tendency to avoid posting photos of the animals that are supposedly available. Claims of inability to attach/upload are among the excuses frequently given. This is to drive the photo exchange out of the public (general membership) eye where they could have been more easily identified as not belonging to the party using them.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #30
CwnAnnwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa View Post

After he sent me tracking info, there were several red flags that I was being scammed, which I'm willing to discuss in private. I don't want to teach anyone how to be a more effective scammer.
Not to be completely obtuse about this, but....

How does that work?

Most scammers require a person to be both naive and have lack of knowledge how they operate. Once someone sees the warning signs of a scam, they can back out.

Now the scammers are going to scam. They are going to learn from other scammers and they are going to do what it takes.

How is educating everyone about the red flags going to help the scammers but not the victims?

Or let me put it this way.

I notice that you left your wallet on the table as you leave to dump your tray at the cafeteria.

Do I say to you, you left your wallet or do I not say anything because it might inform a thief of the wallet?

Scammers are going to scam. The only thing victims can do is out their ways and means, so we can be better informed and guarded against them. Knowledge is power. Lack of knowledge just creates victims in my opinion. Or am I wrong?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
john fick, john fickes, jonathan ficmeyer