Bad Guy Steve Lloyd [Vfxsteve1815] - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #71
Acrimonious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Nice comment, but you still didn't answer my question. Why did you pay the paypal fee that the seller requested you pay? You even questioned him, and still paid it. I want to know your thinking behind that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrimonious View Post
Additionally, when I was sent the invoice Steve charged ME the PayPal fee. I know this isn't right, but again I was excited and thought the price even with the fee was fair -- so I paid it.
As quoted above. ^^

Old 11-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #72
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrimonious View Post
As quoted above. ^^
I wanted to make sure I was correct.

As I stated below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
It doesn't really bolster your position, but does show that to get what you want, you were willing to do whatever was asked of you. Which isn't always a good thing.
While I'm not agreeing with the seller, you knew it was wrong, yet you couldn't get past the "great deal" you were getting. Your "great deal" you were getting turned around and bit you in your rear. I hope you get some compensation, and I don't know how it will come out, but I do hope that you don't jump the gun for another "great deal" again.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #73
AllisonLeigh
If he sent it friends and family I could see what you are saying Brandi, but I don't see how being willing to pay something that he's told he shouldn't have to pay (as per the Paypal TOS) means that he was willing to do something "wrong". IMO he didn't do anything wrong by paying, the seller did something wrong by asking him to. I think it would have highlighted that the seller is shady and maybe should have been a signal that he's not someone you'd want to do business with, but he has admitted his excitement over the price clouded his judgement. That's just my two cents though, and we all know what pennies are worth these days

Old 11-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #74
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
If he sent it friends and family I could see what you are saying Brandi, but I don't see how being willing to pay something that he's told he shouldn't have to pay (as per the Paypal TOS) means that he was willing to do something "wrong". IMO he didn't do anything wrong by paying, the seller did something wrong by asking him to. I think it would have highlighted that the seller is shady and maybe should have been a signal that he's not someone you'd want to do business with, but he has admitted his excitement over the price clouded his judgement. That's just my two cents though, and we all know what pennies are worth these days
"Wrong" might have the incorrect word, but he knew he didn't feel right about paying that fee yet he still paid it because the deal was too good to pass up. If a deal is too good to be true, it more than likely is. I understand he was excited, and I can appreciate that.

Your two cents are welcome. Different perspectives are what make the site work.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:05 PM   #75
tlmoon
OP, I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm sure we can all relate to the excitement of getting a new pair of snakes, and while there were a couple of red flags (the pics of the snake, the pay pal fee) that are good to learn for future reference, it's understandable that a buyer could overlook that. I don't think it was "wrong" to pay the PP fee - this is not the same as sending the money friends and family, which screws PP out of their fee for the transaction. Most sellers either just pay the fee as a cost of business, or price the animal just a little bit higher to include the fee.

Unfortunately, I think the seller has a little wiggle room on this due to the time that passed before you notified him of the female's condition. I don't believe the snake was healthy when he shipped it, but by not saying something immediately it leaves open a way for him to argue that it was your husbandry over those few weeks, not his, that caused the problem. I don't think this community buys that argument for one second, but a shady seller will find excuses where he can.

In any case, how awful to get a snake in such poor condition, with mites, and then have it pass away. It's truly reprehensible for the seller to be selling snakes he knows have mites, and in such bad condition. I know there are a lot of good sellers and good people in this community, and I hope your next purchase goes a lot better. I also hope the male woma continues to do better.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #76
Acrimonious
Thank you once more to everyone who contributed to this thread. I didn't want to exhume it until I had word back from both PayPal and my credit card company. Both have declined the charge back because the animal has no official paperwork stating it's condition as poor on arrival. Obviously the tragedy here is the loss of the animals life not the money.

The male I have has thrived. The mites have been gone for some time, and he still hasn't missed a meal. I'm certainly glad to see he has come through as okay. I don't imagine I will respond further in this thread, but thank you once more to everyone who assisted me in this process and thank you to the people who befriended me on the side.

I hope someone will see this thread and gain a better understatement for how to spot a problem snake, and why a trip to the vet if you think something is dubious is so important in protecting you as a buyer and your animals well being. I feel very confident in saying that I believe I was deliberately sent animals that were sick and underweight. Hopefully this thread will serve as resource to future buyers so they can make an informed decision based on the experiences of a couple others.

I wish Steve the best, but I wouldn't purchase anything from him again.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:03 PM   #77
lillyorchid
So sorry that the female snake lost it's life, but glad to hear the male is thriving in your care.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #78
dunnrachel
There are lowlives out there that just have no problem at all ripping someone off. What a dick.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #79
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnrachel View Post
What a dick.
Might be a welcomed comment if his name was Richard, but in this case, let's try to keep the name calling out of it. Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!