Mutant Coqui frog??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
dieselfan
Mutant Coqui frog???

Hey all! Was on vacation down in Seista Key a couple weeks back and found a pretty neat frog. Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
snowgyre
That is cool! Do you happen to know what the rules are in Florida for collecting exotics? That would be a neat thing to have in captivity, especially if you collected a few more individuals from the same population.

Old 07-29-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
dieselfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
That is cool! Do you happen to know what the rules are in Florida for collecting exotics? That would be a neat thing to have in captivity, especially if you collected a few more individuals from the same population.
I’m pretty sure you can do what ever you want with invasive species. There was another Coqui literally 6 inches away from this guy when I saw it. I am not good with amphibians!

Old 07-31-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
@Snowgyre, do you know what mutation that might be considered?

@DieselFan, that is one awesome find. I happen to love amphibians though. Plus, thank you, very much for sharing. I hope you had a nice vacation.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 PM   #5
James L
That's a Greenhouse frog, Eleutherodactylus planirostris. I've seen hundreds but never one like that. It's totally fine to catch and keep that frog in FL. They are considered non native. Cool fact, they have no tad pole stage. All direct development in the eggs. So tiny when born!

Old 07-31-2018, 10:25 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by James L View Post
Cool fact, they have no tad pole stage. All direct development in the eggs. So tiny when born!
Learned something new today, thanks.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:38 PM   #7
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
That's a Greenhouse frog, Eleutherodactylus planirostris.
Thanks for clarifying what species it is.

Quote:
I've seen hundreds but never one like that.
If you had to guess the mutation, what do you think? Could that be a pied/piebald specimen? Of course, it could just be a random non genetic mutation too.

Quote:
It's totally fine to catch and keep that frog in FL. They are considered non native.
Just another cool perk of being a Floridian.

Quote:
Cool fact, they have no tad pole stage. All direct development in the eggs. So tiny when born!
Wow, I never knew that. That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing that with us too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Learned something new today, thanks.
and !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!