Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 46 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #226
svreptiles
The business to business thing is an area of concern, as are some of the other stipulations on the contract. I've seen others post that they go on the assumption that home based businesses ( small time keepers/breeders) are ok. I really don't think that FedEx pays much attention to where you ship. I think for now most of us are happy to have a company that at least gives us some sort of legitimate way to ship. Maybe in the future a concerted effort by all certified shippers to address some of our concerns could be helpful. Then again, maybe it's better not to rock the boat.

Todd

Old 08-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #227
kmurphy
Quote:
One says "package testing" and the other says "Package Design" do i check off both?
I just did this myself Alicia and I checked testing only. However the results appear that they do check both design and test the package. They take pictures of your box, inside and out and drop it from some level. My point is I checked only one and it didn't make any diffierence. I got my waiver.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #228
svreptiles
Forgot to mention I'm in Florida and my rep is in Texas. Not sure what all areas he covers or how their territories are defined.

Todd

Old 08-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #229
Gecko_Den
I posted this in another thread, but my waiver doesn't say anything about only shipping to a business so they may have dropped that stipulation. I only checked package testing on my form. Not sure about them picking up your test package, i dropped mine off at a manned fed-ex location and filled out a label there instead of printing one.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #230
Mooing Tricycle
I spoke to the lady at fedex for the box testing, and she said that i just have to check off ( when i ship ) that the recipient pays, and they can pick it up as well. ( SWEET! )

So tomorrow ( or tonight ) ill get the shipping stuff all printed out and get the box ready to be picked up one of these days, this week. Rock on! Im well on my way! Oh and i can have it shipped 2 day to them free so thats cool beans! Strange that your rep is in texas when you are in FL. But i suppose when we talk to reps, they are of the higher ups and there are not that many of them around. Mine was very friendly though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver