Sweet potatoes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 11-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
Lucille
Sweet potatoes

6 medium sweet potatoes
3 tbsp butter
Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning
1 lb. good bacon
box of toothpicks

Preheat oven to 350
Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut in half lengthwise, then cut each of the lengthwise pieces in thirds, so you have 6 pieces per potato.
Get a large baking pan. Microwave the butter, pour it into the pan, and toss the potato pieces in the pan until they are coated with butter. Sprinkle the Tony Chachere's seasoning liberally on the pieces.
Cut your one lb of bacon strips in half. Wrap each piece of potato with bacon and affix with a toothpick.
Bake 30 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and turn each potato piece. Then continue to cook until the potatoes are tender and the bacon is crisp.

Note: Bacon prices are pretty high right now. But this is not the time for the salty puny cheap bacon, get at least a mid quality, it makes a difference in the finished dish.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:27 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
this is not the time for the salty puny cheap bacon.

It's NEVER the time for salty puny bacon!

Hope you had a delicious Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Hope you had a delicious Thanksgiving!
I'm hoping it's tomorrow
The kids and new grand baby are coming over. We're eating early (hence my cooking all day today) because they have several other family gatherings. Fortunately my sons have great appetites so I expect they will stuff themselves at each gathering.

I hope you have a terrific Thanksgiving also

Old 11-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I'm hoping it's tomorrow
Oops, sorry, geographic differences - it's already the 24th over here.....

(Also British in origin, so it's not really a holiday for us) - but have a good one!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!