Bad Guy Dean Stemple Strictly Exotics BAD GUY! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #91
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahrens View Post
circumstances
Chris,

I can't think of any set of circumstances. He should have kept in contact. All of us have hard times in our lives, but he should have been talking to you unless he was in the ICU or something.

I think, though, that a day is not a long time, and giving that opportunity is as much for us as it is for him. I know I'm not saying it very elegantly, but it just seems fair to give notice and an opportunity to be heard.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #92
Cp3_Pythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahrens View Post
I have a question for those who would like Dean to have a chance to explain. What circumstances would make it acceptable for someone to tell you they've sent a money order when they haven't. To tell you that they called the usps and all they could tell them is that it hasn't been cashed. To even give you the amount that the money order was for along with the promise that another was on it's way in a few days. To tell you they need a week to start making this right and then cease all communications? I'm having trouble understanding what set of circumstances makes this all cool. It's been almost 3 months since these animals shipped out and I haven't received a dime. What circumstances make this ok? It's funny, he said he may have put the wrong PO Box number on it or the wrong zip code on it, he never did ask me to confirm them though to make sure I didn't make a typo. That was the first thing I did when he said that. I scrolled down to find the e-mail with my address in it to be sure it was right, which it is.
Having said that, I'd love to hear from Dean in this thread. He's aware of it.

I agree Its not acceptable nor do I find it acceptable. Yes I would also like to hear Dean's side of the story. Do I think thats going to happen I dont know
Many things could have happened But Yes still thats no real reason to keep you informed I mean from what and how you've spoken your words that just keeping you informed on whats going (I.e returning emails a simple phone call ) may have kept this from here but for how long ( If this does turn out to be a scam) I Honestly want to give Dean the benifit of the doubt and hope he makes this right ( Although from what information thats already posted by several users I doubt that will happen )

Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #93
cahrens
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Chris,

I can't think of any set of circumstances. He should have kept in contact. All of us have hard times in our lives, but he should have been talking to you unless he was in the ICU or something.

I think, though, that a day is not a long time, and giving that opportunity is as much for us as it is for him. I know I'm not saying it very elegantly, but it just seems fair to give notice and an opportunity to be heard.
Even beyond a lack of contact, if he was in fact in the ICU, the lies about the money orders would never have happened. I do agree, a day is not long at all. The last I heard from him was on 1-14 and I didn't post this until 2-15. A month and a day later. Anyway, be it a day, a week, a month, or a year later, I'd still like to hear from Dean so he can explain what circumstances got him here. Don't give me the divorce crap either. That certainly doesn't make you lie to people and tell them you sent them money when you didn't. I even told him "Communication is key. I'm the easiest person in the world to deal with. Just let me know what's going on"

Old 02-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #94
LauraB
Nick, just to clarify. The 1998 investigation into Dean's EBay "business" was discussed here back in July, 2010. The information Brian posted was freely available online and here.
Here are 2 posts Dean made defending himself, when it was brought up.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...202#post996202

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...232#post996232

As for labeling him a thief and crook before he has a chance to reply ... while Dean has not actually proven himself to be a thief, crook or scammer at this point, if you were in Chris's shoes, you might start to wonder yourself, wouldn't you? 90-day plan or not. He's had ample opportunity to reply to Chris - nearly 3 months!
Dean says he sent a $900.00 money order that has simply vanished, even while stating he might have used a wrong PO Box number or zip code. He also stated he was going to get a re-issue of that lost $900.00 money order (see Dean's email of 12-21-10) as it had not been cashed. So .. where's the re-issue? $900.00 is alot of dough to let float around the postal service triangle - whether it be Dean's $900. or Chris' $900. You don't just ignore it.

In the same 12-21 email he says he intends to send another $500-$600 on 12-21, but doesn't even verify Chris's mailing address to avoid yet another lost money order. Odd.
Nor does he ever acknowledge sending it or wondering if Chris got it. Odder still.
2 payments - and not a shred of interest in knowing if Chris ever got them. Extreme odd!

Dean stops communicating completely after that, until 1-14-11 - when he says only something to the effect of, "I'll explain. You are right".

Tyler (Utta) calls Dean. Nice of Dean to offer an apology, but that doesn't quite serve to explain his intent (to make good within the "90-day plan") or his lack of basic decency in keeping Chris informed, let alone keeping his part of the agreement (in making the down payment).
Dean's had the snakes since November 23rd - that's 85-86 days. Chris has excuses and silence - squat. Dean has 5 days left in this "90-day plan" to pay up.

No, that doesn't make a thief, crook or scammer (yet), but it sure makes someone who looks like they have the potential due to their own actions. Someone I wouldn't be willing to make a bet on at this point.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #95
Snake4me2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
You are absolutely 100% right in everything you wrote. I am not arguing your point at all. I am arguing the point of labeling him as a thief and crook before he has had a chance to reply. He has been notified and if he choses not to reply then he will decide his fate. I'm not putting my neck on the line for him, I am just offering him the same courtesy of defending him. It's just to bad others would rather trash him first.
Doesnt him defrauding people on the internet out of thousands answer that question of if he is a liar or a thief? Or is common sense a problem for you.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #96
Focal
Thanks Laura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake4me2 View Post
Doesnt him defrauding people on the internet out of thousands answer that question of if he is a liar or a thief? Or is common sense a problem for you.
Was he found guilty in that case? I'm not sure how tight you've been rationing your common sense, but I'm not here to defend him and I thought I made that obvious. I'm giving the man a chance to reply before I develop an opinion. Be narrow minded if you want.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #97
Snake4me2
Ok lets review.
He says I sent you money 900 then 500 and neither ever arrived. LIE
I can get you 1000 and make payments every 2 weeks. LIE
He did all this knowing he was going through a divorce (supposedly) and any one who is going through such a time should have had the money tied up in lawyers so he doesnt take a bath and should have known he couldnt pay and said no thanks. To willfully engage in an agreement that you have no means to take care of is unscrupulous at best. I am far from narrow minded but i will call it like I see it. If communcation was kept up Dean wuldnt have to come here and defend himself. I can say that by the character the OP has displayed.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #98
Snake4me2
Oh and allot of people arent found guilty due to coping pleas and then fulfilling those obligations and all they ever get is probation and a slap on the wrist. especially 18yr olds with no previous record. You have no idea either if that is not the case. See i can hypothesize as well as you. But his actions toconceal himself from the OP and his previous alleged attempts at the same thing do and should make you say hmmmmmmm.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #99
coja97
Isn't there any legal action the OP can take?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #100
SamanthaJane13
I wonder if the purchase is what instigated the divorce!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!