Bad Guy Dean Stemple Strictly Exotics BAD GUY! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:24 AM   #41
ss10gotanks
call the police?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #42
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss10gotanks View Post
call the police?
They will just say it's a civil matter. As the Wise thread and the TSE scam of years past has shown, no matter how much "proof" you show the police/state, nothing actually gets done to bring anyone to justice...

Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #43
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
They will just say it's a civil matter. As the Wise thread and the TSE scam of years past has shown, no matter how much "proof" you show the police/state, nothing actually gets done to bring anyone to justice...
Actually that is incorrect. The difficulties with the wise's and TSE scams is the multi-jurisdictions and multiple victims (and the lack of all of their participation) whereas this is only the two parties.

I had someone screw me over years ago and I called the police and I did get my money back (it was written into their probation stipulations). You'd have to call your local police and file a complaint and they would then have to forward it to the local police where the other party resides.

I'd suggest going to your local police station and filing a complaint and start the ball rolling because if he hasn't even attempted to be a man and at least try and make this right by now I certainly don't see him doing so without some sort of motivation behind him. And if that motivation has to be his cellmate Bubba then so be it.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #44
Snake4me2
Hahahahahaha His cellmate Bubba, I love it. Hes here all weeks folks.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #45
mxracer4life
I have never purchased from Dean either but never seen this coming. Surely there is a good explanation for this. I am hoping this ends well for both the OP and Dean.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #46
brd7666
Dean did not just cross over to the dark side. I believe he's been there the whole time, playing a role similar to Jeffery Wise. He was caught in an Ebay scam, where is scammed people out of thousands of dollars. Here are links and quotes to articles on the internet.

http://articles.sfgate.com/1998-12-2...rs-and-sellers

Quote:
This article was written on December 22, 1998.
In a more serious case, an Oklahoma City man pocketed at least $30,000 and up to $100,000 for baseball cards he didn't deliver, according to postal authorities.

Sonny Dean Stemple, 27, allegedly bilked eBay customers by enticing them into sending money orders for auction items he claimed he had but never delivered. There is no warrant or indictment yet for Stemple, who is missing.

Even though the transactions were made over the Internet, they are being investigated as mail fraud, said postal inspector Linda Kirksey of Fort Worth, Texas. "The people who bid on the products sent their money through the postal mail," she explained.

Officials at eBay have refused to reimburse buyers who were duped by Stemple. Handler said the company policy is to urge those who believe they've been bilked to report problems to eBay and to local law enforcement authorities.

"We ask law enforcement authorities to contact us, so we can make sure we give them all the information we have about this bad actor," Handler said.

These incidents illustrate the pitfalls of performing anonymous transactions on the wild and wooly Internet.

"The lines are blurred," said List, the Washington-area user. "You never know who you're dealing with."

The embarrassment over the "Today Show" jacket and the alleged fraud by Stemple came at the same time eBay was experiencing a series of outages that angered users. Yet in many ways, eBay is a lot like President Clinton. The worse things get, the higher its stock rises.

Yesterday, eBay's shares rocketed to another new high, climbing $44.13 to $296.38. Its nearly $12 billion market value is more than that of consumer-products giant Clorox and nearly triple that of Apple Computer.

One reason is that, whatever its problems, eBay remains the hottest auction site, with traffic that far outpaces competitors. So despite their complaints, users keep coming back.
The address that Chris listed in this thread is the address he sent the snakes to. It looks like it's Dean's parents house.

Dean Stemple
2700 Popar Ln.
Norman OK. 73072

Dean's name is- Sonny Dean Stemple

Here are some screen shots of who lives at Dean's address, and you will also see a couple of those people's relatives names. In the relative's list, you will see Dean's name, also known as Sonny.

Here are more complaints about Dean on the internet.

http://www.traderlist.com/DeanStempl...ainresale.html

Another read.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...5/ai_53410697/

Quote:
eBAY IN TROUBLE OVER DOWNTIME, FRAUDComputergram International, Dec 15, 1998

San Jose, California-based internet auction house eBay Inc has had more than its share of negative press lately. First came a system crash on Wednesday December 9. Next, customers who complained about eBay's poor management on the site's customer support board found themselves suspended from eBay altogether.

A lawyer for the company told Wired News that the support board is not a forum for comment on eBay's business or management decisions, and that inappropriate messages will be deleted and the posters suspended. Finally, eBay has reportedly suspended a user who is under investigation for up to $100,000 worth of fraud. The Oklahoma regional postal inspector's office is investigating eBay user Sonny Stemple for accepting money orders for auction items he did not deliver. The company has apparently refused to refund money to customers who fell for the con, making Newsweek wonder whether this stock market darling, one of the fastest growing of all ecommerce sites (CI No 3,526), is even capable of protecting its users from this type of fraud. EBay CEO Meg Whitman told the magazine that while the company sympathizes with the victims, they need to take up the issue with local law enforcement.
http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/1998/12/16797

Quote:
EBay Suspends Fraud SuspectReuters 12.14.98
Online auction company eBay, which sells everything from Elvis memorabilia to Beanie Babies on the Internet, has suspended a user who is under investigation for cheating customers out of as much as US$100,000, according to a report in the latest issue of Newsweek.
But the high-flying San Jose, California, company has refused to give refunds to the duped customers, Newsweek reported, suggesting that eBay (EBAY) may be unable to protect its customers from fraud.

The Oklahoma regional postal inspector's office is investigating suspended eBay user Sonny Stemple for allegedly bilking eBay customers out of at least $30,000. Newsweek reported that Stemple got customers to send money orders for auction items he failed to deliver.

"We feel badly for [the victims] but [they] really do need to take it up with local law enforcement," eBay chief Meg Whitman told the magazine.

The online auction house, among the fastest growing online commerce sites, has seen its stock prices skyrocket prices from an initial public offering price of $18 in September to a November high of $234.125. The stock closed Friday at $192.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/1998/12...iven_the_boot/

Quote:
Con man given the boot by eBay
E-swindle tops bad week for online auctioneer

By Tim Richardson • Get more from this author

Posted in Business, 14th December 1998 12:50 GMT

Free whitepaper – The Register Guide to Enterprise Virtualization

A man has been barred from eBay, the electronic auction house, for allegedly swindling consumers out of anything between $30,000 and $100,000. Sonny Stemple received cash for items that he never dispatched, according to a report by Newsweek. To make matters worse, eBay has said it won't compensate those who have been ripped off. Instead, it's advising them to pursue their own legal actions against Mr Stemple. Stemple's activities are unlikely to boost the wider public's confidence in buying and selling over the Internet. It's been a bad week for eBay. Last week its software broke down twice causing its site to crash and disrupting thousands of bids
http://www.albumescolar.com.ar/NewsA...722_esen.shtml

Quote:
This it is a good example. Sonny Stemple, that operated in eBay with the alias of catmuuzic , is being investigated by the Direction of regional Inspection of the Mail of Oklahoma by presumed swindle of the users of eBay of at least 30,000 dollars, although the number of the crime would possibly ascend to 100.000.

Apparently, Stemple knew how to manipulate the game of eBay. In last October it was identified and it begun to buy articles, to make sure therefore the praise the salesmen after each transaction. This gave a reputation him. Soon, it began to place supplies; it arrived a little while in that it had thirty simultaneously. The prices, in the beginning, were a bait: sport cards of Mark McGwire, Nintendo equipment 64 and some articles fashionable. When approximately eighty you postpray of weight like Tracie Kimrey de Dayton, Ohio (Nintendo, $ 137) and Steve Mendez of Brooklyn, New York (packages of Topps of 1985, $ 305) sent the money, were guided by the perfect reputation of catmuuzic. Craso error. After calling during weeks, everything what they obtained was promises. Soon, silence reigned. (Stemple did not answer the telephone messages either that left Newsweek.) The answer of eBay? To suspend to Stemple of the service. There was return of no money. "we felt very badly (by the victims), but, in fact, they must resort to the local laws", says Whitman. Brad Handler, manager of eBay, comment that the company has policies that help to prevent the fraud, among them a service of deposit in guarantee character to protect to the expensive article buyers. This is a small consolation for the swindled parts. But the baseball card collector Richard Keegan continues operating with eBay: to lose 427 dollars into the hands of catmuuzic was his first bad experience in 500 transactions. Its loyalty emphasizes the emotional bows of many users of eBay towards the service. Like Craig Satinsky who, after discovering site, closed the premises of music of which he had been proprietor during 20 years and now dedicates itself to cross the Northeast in a light truck, buying things in flea markets and finishing off them in eBay. "people gain the life with site - Meg exclaims Whitman -. Is a responsibility to maintain the system always perfectly working bulletproof and". The presumed victims of Sonny Stemple would agree.
http://www.silicon.com/technology/ne...raud-39117343/

Quote:
5 years ago... eBay has its back to the wall over online auction fraud

NEWS 15.12.98: The suspension of a user from an online auction company for suspected fraud of up to $100,000 has created a clamour for better internet auction security.

Internet auction pioneer, eBay has refused to refund defrauded customers, after user Sonny Stemple allegedly persuaded other users to send money for items he never had.

Users have been complaining for several weeks that phantom buyers known as "shillers" or "shielders" - who create a fake online buyer persona to drive prices up for a seller - were artificially manipulating prices.

Some users have slammed eBay for not performing background checks or asking for credit card details before allowing people to sign up. But the company itself claims it is impossible for it to screen all users and many says many of its customers claim this is in opposition to the spirit of an internet trading service.

Analysts claim it is not just an Internet problem - but a problem with auctions in general. Dave Birch, consultant at Hyperion, said: "Most auction houses will tell you the only way of establishing reputation is by knowing everyone who trades, and not taking bids from individuals. Until there's an established standard for rating your reputability in electronic form, it's going to be a problem."

James Corsellis, managing director of UK-based online trading service Interactive Collector, said he understood eBay's reluctance to take credit details up front, but commented: "Without a standard to establish reputability you need to rely on credit card authorisation."

15.12.03: Five years on eBay's popularity is still acting as a magnet to fraudsters.

Recently the practice of phishing has had its sights set firmly on the auction site. Emails purporting to be from the site solicit user information such as account details, claiming they are needed to reactivate an account or to clean up the database.

However, users who fall for the scam and hand over the account details are often the dupes in fraudulent scams - such as people claiming to sell items they don't really have. And when users cotton on, it's the original victim of the phishing who takes the blame. Similarly they may be used to increase the bidding in a sale they aren't aware of.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...abase-software

Quote:
EBAY USER INVESTIGATED

NEW YORK - Online auction company eBay Inc., which sells everything from Elvis memorabilia to Beanie Babies, has suspended a user who is under investigation in cheating customers out of as much as $100,000, Newsweek reports in its latest edition.

But the high-flying San Jose, Calif., company has refused to give refunds to customers, the newsmagazine reports in its Dec. 21 issue, which is on newsstands today. The report suggested this may be an example of eBay's inability to protect its customers from fraud.

The Oklahoma Postal Inspector's Office is investigating suspended eBay user Sonny Stemple on accusations of conning customers out of at least $30,000 by getting them to send money orders for auction items he claimed he had, then never delivered, Newsweek reported.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/eBAY+I...UD.-a053410697

Quote:
eBAY IN TROUBLE OVER DOWNTIME, FRAUD.

San JoseSan Jose, city, United States
San Jose (sănəzā`, săn hōzā`), city (1990 pop. 782,248), seat of Santa Clara co., W central Calif.; founded 1777, inc. 1850.
..... Click the link for more information., California-based internet auction house eBay Inc has had more than its share of negative press lately. First came a system crash on Wednesday December 9. Next, customers who complained about eBay's poor management on the site's customer support board found themselves suspended from eBay altogether. A lawyer for the company told Wired News Wired News is an online technology news website, formerly known as HotWired, that split off from Wired magazine when the magazine was purchased by Condé Nast Publishing in the 1990s. Condé Nast later purchased Wired News on 2006-07-11. that the support board is not a forum for comment on eBay's business or management decisions, and that inappropriate messages will be deleted and the posters suspended. Finally, eBay has reportedly suspended a user who is under investigation for up to $100,000 worth of fraud. The Oklahoma regional postal inspector's office is investigating eBay user Sonny Stemple Stem´ple

n. 1. (Mining) A crossbar of wood in a shaft, serving as a step. for accepting money orders for auction items he did not deliver. The company has apparently refused to refund money to customers who fell for the con, making Newsweek wonder whether this stock market darling, one of the fastest growing of all ecommerce sites (CI No 3,526), is even capable of protecting its users from this type of fraud. EBay CEO(1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board.
..... Click the link for more information. Meg Whitman Margaret C. "Meg" Whitman (born August 4, 1956) has been the President and CEO of the online marketplace eBay since March 1998. Whitman joined eBay when the company had 29 employees and operated solely in the United States; eBay is now a global organization with over 11,000 told the magazine that while the company sympathizes with the victims, they need to take up the issue with local law enforcement.
Now I believe I know why Dean, and the Wise's got along so well. Here is a link to Dean's Good Guy Certification here on Fauna. I don't know how anyone can say he's a good guy. If enough people vote for bad guy, I believe he will lose it. Just to let you know, if you vote for bad guy, and he makes good on this, you can go back, and change your vote.

I don't believe Dean will even come here and comment. He told Utta he didn't have internet, and I think that was another lie. He was going to Rip off Chris from the beginning, and that's all there is to it.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=189931

Old 02-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #47
Redstormlax12
The funny thing is, a few months ago I tried to purchase some mealworms from him. Now this order was no where near the magnitude of this transaction. But after paying him and waiting for weeks the mealworms never arrived. He claimed to have shipped multiple orders, but I never recieved anything.

After this I gave up and just ordered mealies from someone else and told myself not to buy anything from him again.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #48
TheFragginDragon
HOW??? How in the did we let this puke get by us?? He's been on the net since 1998!!!

Starting today, I'm googling everyone I even consider selling to, buying from, or otherwise supporting

Chris, I am sorry that this happened to you, I hope you're able to recover from this loss quickly.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #49
Amelanistic Orca
Oh boy!!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #50
Matt2979
Wow....just wow... We had a couple of transactions that went smooth as silk and I honestly thought him to be one of the "true good guys". I haven't commented 'til now because I was (really I still am) hoping that he would pop in and straighten this whole mess out. Unfortunately, I'm no longer that naive, and I refuse to turn blue from holding my breath.

Chris, I'm really sorry to hear that you got taken like that. Truly hope that Dean does show up and make it right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!