Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom (scarnicom) stole my milk money! (and killed my milk snake) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #21
AbsoluteApril
I can see how they might look different, but I could also see that being the same snake, the band count seems to line up and if the vanishing bands are thicker on the sides than on the top, it would match up. just my little $0.02.
Sorry to hear about this hassle, I hope he refunds you quickly.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #22
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I can see how they might look different, but I could also see that being the same snake, the band count seems to line up and if the vanishing bands are thicker on the sides than on the top, it would match up. just my little $0.02.
The pic the OP took isn't that great. Hopefully he can take some more pics. That would settle it for sure.

Also to the OP, you can leave the seller a negative trader rating since you are a contributing member.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #23
JordanAng420
For me, it's too hard to tell if the deceased snake is actually the snake in the ad. It could be just horrible post-mortem color changes. I'd need to see a larger photo of the deceased snake to be sure.

Sorry for your terrible experience with this person, I term I hesitate to use.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #24
chazzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
with April the bands add up but can see why someone might think it could possibly be a different snake due to its position and quality of photo. I counted 14 bands of red from the deceased snake and when it was alive. Also the slightly larger 6th band I used as another marker.

That doesn't make this situation any better and almost makes it worse because you know that the snake suffered tremendously prior to its death. It seems that Stephen's primary concern was getting rid of this snake and just wanted it out of here(his words from text) and at the expense of the snakes life, make a couple extra bucks by severely skimping on proper shipping. This whole situation is disgusting and sad! Even if Stephen makes this right by refunding the full amount which is owed, no question about that. It still doesn't change the fact that a life was taken out of greed, negligence, and pure stupidity.

I hope he quickly resolves the situation by refunding Brad. But aside from that I don't think I care to hear the BS that would spew out of his mouth to try and justify his actions that were cruel and grotesque.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #25
bwt501
I hope this is a lesson learned for everybody reading this post- DO NOT BUY FROM FLIPPERS! Support real breeders/dealers, not someone who has ZERO vested interest or knowledge of the animals in their charge and just want a quick turnover ($). These characters are usually shady and the animals are usually sickly. This board is a great resource. Aside from the BOI check out a sellers other postings. Chances are if they are selling everything from Retics to Dart Frogs and also Box turtles in the same week and all the pictures show the animals on some filthy living room rug, you gots yourself a flipper! And when they only offer 2nd day shipping so they can skim the cost of regular overnight shipping, you got yourself a lowlife.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:44 AM   #26
bwaffa
UPDATE - 8/17/10

Stephen contacted me by PM a few hours after my BOI post. In keeping with the tone of our original correspondence it was personal, humble and apologetic. I've summarized it here rather than copy/paste out of respect for some of the personal details he included. He claims he's been on the hunt for a local replacement animal since he knows someone who just produced some albino nelsoni, but hasn't yet been able to work out a trade. He then went into some details about personal and financial struggles and told me that he can, alternatively, reimburse my money, but that it may take some time for him to get it all together.

I just responded (8/18/10):
Stephen,

Please don't bother hunting for a replacement animal. I'm extraordinarily picky about my snakes and I'd prefer to just peruse the upcoming show myself in a few weeks.

I can certainly relate to the financial crisis. As you know, I waited over a month before I was able to fork over a benjamin to get your snake. But there's a big difference between saying "I'm struggling financially and it may be awhile before I can send money to commit to a purchase" and saying "I'm struggling financially so it may be awhile before I can give your money back." You have my money, Stephen - money my family needs.

Please salvage what's left of this transaction and make my reimbursement the top priority it should have been two weeks ago.

Thank you,

Brad Waffa
[address listed]

Will update here with the details of how he chooses to resolve this.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #27
Daequix
Brad, I'm so sorry this happened like all the others. I have to say it made me sick to see the snake packaged that way, and was reminiscent of one long ago delivery I received that didn't end up quite so badly. You've done the right thing to come forward with this and outlined it fully.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #28
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaffa View Post
You have my money, Stephen - money my family needs.
First of all, it is beyond question that you are owed a full refund of your purchase price and shipping. That being said, it is a bit sanctimonious of you to crow about him having money your "family needs" when insisting on the refund... if it was truly money your family needs, I would hope you wouldn't be spending it on snakes. I agree with your premise (it's your money, not his), but comments like that could give people the wrong idea... good luck with the refund!

Old 08-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #29
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
First of all, it is beyond question that you are owed a full refund of your purchase price and shipping. That being said, it is a bit sanctimonious of you to crow about him having money your "family needs" when insisting on the refund... if it was truly money your family needs, I would hope you wouldn't be spending it on snakes. I agree with your premise (it's your money, not his), but comments like that could give people the wrong idea... good luck with the refund!

Randal Berry

Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #30
scarnicom
I cannot and will not defend myself on with which I have brought amongst myself. First let me start by saying that brad "bwaffa" is a very kind, caring, trustworthy individual and has done nothing to deserve what I did to him. He's a real man, old fashion, like when a mans word meant something, when he says something he'll do it. Giving me the benifit of the doubt the whole time.
I need not more shameful and scorrowful comments as I am geniually sorry and will be 100% with my follow through on reembursing brad his money. I wish the best to all and am embarassed to say the least. Again brad from the bottom of my heart I apologize to you and you will see your investment reemburssed.
p.s. clever title

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!