Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom (scarnicom) stole my milk money! (and killed my milk snake) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #71
Foschi Exotic Serpents
This is absolutely horrendous! While it's commendable that the seller came forward, the entire thing is still appalling. There are only 2 legal ways to ship snakes. Fedex, and only if you are certified by them, and delta dash.

He broke the law.

The packing of that poor little snake makes me sick! I don't even use newspaper because it's cold and hard with sharp edges when crumpled. I personally use polyester pillow fill and it's 100% better than anything else for multiple reasons.

No reptiles do not need holes in the box. They require much less oxygene than mammals. If packaged in a styrofoam insulated box it is not needed at all.

I'm so disturbed by that picture I can't even put it into words. I wouldn't accept a replacement animal from this person either. Not if this is the way he ships. It only takes 10 minutes to fill out the form to become fedex certified. Maybe a whole $40 or so for the test box and a few short weeks for the certification to come back to you.

A whole month of your time to ensure the animals which you supposedly care about and want to make a little money from, arrive safe and healthy at their new home..

It's just unacceptable in my eyes. Period.

End of rant.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #72
ceballpythons
To be fair, while the way he packed this animal is HORRIBLE, I don't think he broke the law just because of the shipping issue. He may have violated UPS terms of service, but that is not something that is a criminal issue. In fact, I know there are at least a few UPS offices where you can walk in with a snake, pack it up in front of them and they will ship it.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #73
Foschi Exotic Serpents
Ok maybe not the law persay, as in government, but according to UPS you can no longer ship snakes through them. I've already told a few people this who were unaware of this who recently received snakes via UPS.

Sure there are still people still shipping snakes through them but if that package were randomly opened and inspected imagine the backlash on our hobby and community. Not to mention that animal probably would be seized by animal control or some similar organization, and never make it to the buyer.

That isn't a risk I'd want to take. I shake my head every time I see an add saying "we ship via UPS". People are taking a big risk by going against their new policy.

I'm seriously much more disturbed by the way that snake was packaged though. Even without a cool pack, it would probably have survived if it had been packed right and the address was correct.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #74
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
WOW, this scumbag is still buying snakes on here. He can't make payments to you, but he can make payments on snakes for himself:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...30#post1160330
Stephen, I apologize for calling you a scumbag. While I do not agree with your business practices, it was a poor choice of words on my part.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #75
bwaffa
UPDATE: Stephen contacted me by email last night and reimbursed my money by Paypal.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #76
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaffa View Post
UPDATE: Stephen contacted me by email last night and reimbursed my money by Paypal.
I am so glad you got your money back. I can't understand why it took so long, but I'm happy to hear it ended okay. I honestly didn't think you'd get anything.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #77
Steveboos
Wow glad he finally was able to give you your money back. Shows he actually may be a good guy at heart, just wish it would have been quicker, but a refund is a refund!

Congratulations on your refund~

Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #78
scarnicom
Focal X, i understand why you did and i accept your apology, that is very classy of you. I know it should have been quicker and I could have done many things differently for a more positive outcome, i was acting childish, selfish, irresponsible, and cheap. All is hoped to be put in my past, as I may have made my mark in some peoples eyes already, I can promise this type of situation will never happen again. Thanks Brad for being so patient, and professional.
Best regards;

Old 12-07-2010, 03:51 AM   #79
Foschi Exotic Serpents
Stephen... Please take the time to learn how to properly package reptiles for shipment. Before you buy or ship any more snakes, please order some heat packs, cold packs, and if you can't afford insulated boxes, go to your local home depot or menards etc... And pick up a couple large sheets of styrofoam insulation.

People are more than willing to explain exactly how to insulate your own boxes for very cheap. Either a lot of crumpled newspaper, or my personal favorite, polyester pillow fill (less than $10 a huge bag at Walmart) is all you need for packing material.

A snake bag can be as simple as a cheap dollar store pillow case. The end tied in a tight knot, or plastic heavy duty zip ties from any home store for a few $$ a lager package.

Shipping supplies do not need to be expensive to be professional and correct.

I commend you for coming forward and paying the OP. Now I'm sure everyone would like to see an eventual good guy thread about you, your animals, and your shipping & packing methods.

Make one bad transaction right and you will be given the chance to make your next transaction as a seller correct. From here on out, do it right and you may be able to build a good rep.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #80
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
This is absolutely horrendous! While it's commendable that the seller came forward, the entire thing is still appalling. There are only 2 legal ways to ship snakes. Fedex, and only if you are certified by them, and delta dash.

He broke the law.

The packing of that poor little snake makes me sick! I don't even use newspaper because it's cold and hard with sharp edges when crumpled. I personally use polyester pillow fill and it's 100% better than anything else for multiple reasons.

No reptiles do not need holes in the box. They require much less oxygene than mammals. If packaged in a styrofoam insulated box it is not needed at all.

I'm so disturbed by that picture I can't even put it into words. I wouldn't accept a replacement animal from this person either. Not if this is the way he ships. It only takes 10 minutes to fill out the form to become fedex certified. Maybe a whole $40 or so for the test box and a few short weeks for the certification to come back to you.

A whole month of your time to ensure the animals which you supposedly care about and want to make a little money from, arrive safe and healthy at their new home..

It's just unacceptable in my eyes. Period.

End of rant.

The above in bold is true. BUT with out the holes heat packs stop working or only work somewhat. With out fresh air coming into the box the heat pack can not continue to oxidize and create heat. Four to six holes is all is ever needed.

Had to say something as ive seen MANY boxes shipped with no holes and arrive with a cool heat pack rather warm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!