Banner ads - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-30-2003, 01:34 PM   #1
WebSlave
Banner ads

I am still stuck in DNS limbo waiting for Comcast to update the DNS server info.

You all that are able to access THIS new server, can you tell me if you are seeing the banner ads OK?

Thanks.

Old 11-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
KelliH
I am not seeing them right now either Rich.

Old 11-30-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
JungleHabitats
nope not there

Not yet anyways

Old 11-30-2003, 07:10 PM   #4
WebSlave
Well, I found out that the guy doing the server move didn't install a module that is needed for the banner ad software to run. These guys that right custom software that needs some obscure modules to run are a real trip. There is no way you can remember them all when you do a server move, so something ALWAYS is broken after the move.

Doesn't help matters much that I can't even see the problems until my ISP gets around to updating the DNS info.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:48 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
You may already know about this but I thought I'd mention it.
I'm seeing the banner ads now, but when I click on them it returns an Internal Server Error.
Probably the module problem you mentioned earlier.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:54 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
Can't edit on this forum

Also, I clicked on your Serpenco link from the ad you posted concerning the adults you have listed and the page loaded to a blank page when the browser reports "done" in the status bar.
It's possible that this is just something on my end, I am at work and our network has some odd quirks, but I thought that bore mentioning as well.

Old 12-01-2003, 04:03 AM   #7
WebSlave
Actually, Clay, no I didn't know that.

I am still having problems with that danged DNS stuff. I seem to be able to access some sites on the new server, but others are still on the old server. For instance, I can access CornSnakes.com on the new server, but FaunaClassifieds.com I am going to the old server. The only way I can get here to the new server is via a direct IP link.

This is getting old......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!