What morph should I breed to my anery? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-03-2005, 07:56 PM   #1
Ophis
What morph should I breed to my anery?

I have an anery corn and want to get a mate for it. What morph would equal some cool offspring?

Old 06-03-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
breedingcolors
Depends.

Anything you will breed with it should be anery or at least het anery or you will have only normals in the F1 offsprings. The only possibilities you will have will be normals and/or anery, depending of the mate you choose.

IMO the goal for you is to find a mix with anery you would like to produce and get the animal that will give you these in the F2 offsprings.

ie, if you like snow (amel + anery), you should get an amel. In the F1 clutch you will get normals het anery and amel. Breed 2 of these babies together and you will get normal, anery, amel and snow. If your amel is het for anery, you will get normal het anery/amel and anery het amel. So if you breed 2 anery together, you will get more snow. In fact you should get only anery and snow with this pairing.

So decide what of these you like (snow, ghost, ice ghost, granite) and buy the mate you need.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:27 AM   #3
hediki
1. is ur anery het anything?
if it is breed it to that het.
if not ur gonna have just normals double het the parents (ex anery+ albino) that will give u het snow and u breed the kids/hets back to each other whrn there old enough and youll get double homo snows.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:43 AM   #4
Wilomn
www.serpwidgets.com

go there

now

Old 06-05-2005, 03:08 AM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
www.serpwidgets.com

go there

now
What he said.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:55 AM   #6
Ophis
Thanks guys. I had gone there prior and started to read the Cornsnake Genetics section. I had to stop because I was getting dizzy and developed a nose bleed. I was also drinkinking beer at the time, so now that I'm on coffee, I will try it again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!