Change to mobile device appearance/format? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:59 AM   #21
Beyond GenetiX
When I switch from mobile to desktop, there seems to be significant gaps in the layout now.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #22
rbichlerbob
My desktop is fine, but the phone app is the one with all the advertisements. when I turned it on this morning, I had only chewy advertisements. I had to sign off, then sign back in, then they were gone the second time. I've rebooted my phone several, remove the app from my phone, then reinstalled it again. I think your system has been hacked or something.
But it has been the chewy advertisements that take over your site.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #23
AppEcto
Not complaining, just offering feedback as requested-the new mobile layout makes it much harder for me to use and navigate. I still prefer using desktop mode on my phone. Ads are very intrusive and include full screen pop-ups in mobile mode. Picture attachments not displaying until clicked on is tedious and prevents side by side comparison.

It may not be possible, but I wish there was a way to change the view in user settings so I could keep it locked in desktop view. Every time I visit the site, I have to scroll down and look for that small link near the bottom and then it resets away from whatever page I was viewing to return to the forum list if I make the switch to desktop view.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:04 PM   #24
WebSlave
Well, i finally broke down and took a look at this site myself on my own "smart" phone. Yuck. I would go insane if I had to do this all day long for my internet access. But that is just me, I guess.

Anyway, personally I HATE popup ads and the intrusive nature I see on a lot of other sites using my desktop system. On a cell phone with such limited screen real estate, it is just murder.

Yeah, Google Adsense revenue has increased, but still, all total that I make via that method isn't enough for me to just let Google take over my sites and flood them with ads willy-nilly where ever they want. Lord knows I have abandoned enough sites myself when I felt that enough was enough with all the damned ads.

So I am going to ask my programmer to roll back the changes he made with this Adsense stuff. The coding he did to make it more mobile friendly should be independent of the Adsense changes, so we'll just see how that goes.

Quite frankly, if Google keeps on sending me insane notices that something on another on my sites offends them, I might just tell them to go pond sand anyway.

Thanks for the feedback. Seriously, it is important. Not saying I will, or even can, make changes based on some feedback, but I need to know the gripes to even consider making a change. Just please don't get pissed if I don't implement something you want changed. In many cases there are technical issues involved that make some changes not practical, and in some cases down right impossible. Or perhaps so expensive to implement that from a cost based perspective, it would be senseless for me to attempt.

Anyway, back to my desktop computer's LARGE screen and full sized keyboard. To those of you who use your cell phones for all of your internet access, more power to you. Just not my thing at all.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #25
rbichlerbob
Thank you for checking into the cell phone app problem,

Best Regards; R Bichler

Old 02-15-2020, 10:07 AM   #26
DLenaRuth999s
The mobile version is gone? My phone is now defaulting back to the desktop version.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #27
WebSlave
Yes, I disabled it because of the excessive ads that were showing up. I haven't been able to get in touch with my programmer to disable the changes he did to the Google Adsense ads, so I figured this would have to do in the meantime.

If I am in error, and you all would prefer to have the mobile option re-enabled, please let me know. The change he did was getting me a lot more hits on the ads, but I thought if it was too much of a burden to you, I could do without the additional income it was producing. Some people were complaining to me about the barrage of ads so I just did what I could.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts. I don't use a mobile device for the internet myself, so no skin off of my nose if you all prefer the mobile version even with the warts.

Old 02-15-2020, 02:53 PM   #28
DLenaRuth999s
I prefer the desktop version. It was a pleasant surprise to see it come up without me having to scroll down to select it.

Old 02-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #29
WebSlave
So I am looking for more feedback. I have disabled the mobile skin to kill the change to the Google adsense ads that seemed to be grating on some people's nerves. But it seems that at least some people preferred the desktop version on their mobile devices any way. Is that because of the excessive ads on the mobile version? Would the mobile version be preferred by anyone without the extra banner ads from Google being displayed?

Talk to me, please.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:20 PM   #30
Randall Turner
I prefer using the desktop site, on my desktop. On my phone (which I check periodically throughout the day) I found the mobile version appealing, other than the volume of ads. I had to reload new posts twice every time I would try to see what had been posted, because a pop up would load and when I'd close it, it'd go back to the preloaded page.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!