Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Fangthane
Having read all of that, I'm not seeing anything remotely definitive that's saying the VPI is only intended as payment for the second breeding season. After the initial offer for the VPI was accepted, I see him trying to be slick with the wording, but still not quite managing to twist it to mean what he'd like it to. At no point does he plainly say, "The VPI is being sent as payment for next season's breeding attempt." Seems like he wants to believe that when you stop renting something, you're somehow entitled to getting your rent payments returned to you. Until after the SHTF, there were no concrete conditions attached to his offer of "credit".

Had she been dealing with someone whose word counted for something, I don't think having sold her VPI would even come into play. Unfortunately, it seems that manny isn't above trying to renege and hold her snake for ransom.

The shipping delays seem true to form. And you gotta love how he shows such contempt for his Canadian customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny
1:56am
Expand
Manny Frade
Yeah she killed it, i try to work with them a bit just to keep them coming back but after 48 hours after arrival it's done..my terms on my site covers that. But you just saw me return the funds to a French cause I don't want them to think I need their Canadian dollar...lol

1:57am
Expand
Show Images
Manny Frade
them that's why...keep your , the boa sold for more and to a USA sale so didn't even have to ship
Yeah, stand-up kinda guy.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
Will0W783
Jendee, I think you are due back your snake at this point. However, if you have to wait until spring of 2013, I'd wait. IF May passes and he has not returned your snake, then you have a claim that he is intending to steal. Don't accept any other offers from him, just get your snake back.

As others have mentioned, this is prime example of why we keepers draw up contracts and sign/notarize them when setting up breeding loans. Even when you are working with a close friend, having a written agreement keeps disagreements or confusion from happening and can thus save a friendship. No matter the outcome of this particular loan, learn from this and ALWAYS have a contract that both parties agree on, sign and notarize before any animals change hands in the future.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
tommyhil4_6
Manny had asked this in the emails and it is pertinent to the potential complaints. WHO were these "proposed" people you traded emails and phone conversations with that stated he was selling keywest X squaretail offspring or offspring your loaner male had sired? THAT'S a huge litter.... not a normal X normal. That wouldn't go under the radar.

Also another clarification on the breeding time frame of the 2nd session. Manny had previously stated the VPI was to be used for 2012-2013. That constitutes a significant portion of months and dependent upon intro to the select females, the "breeding season" is subjective and open to interpretation when time is a concern.

For the sake of transparency, you should release the names of "said" individuals calling b.s. on Manny as well as posting the emails, if they indeed do exist.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
jendee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhil4_6 View Post
Manny had asked this in the emails and it is pertinent to the potential complaints. WHO were these "proposed" people you traded emails and phone conversations with that stated he was selling keywest X squaretail offspring or offspring your loaner male had sired? THAT'S a huge litter.... not a normal X normal. That wouldn't go under the radar.

Also another clarification on the breeding time frame of the 2nd session. Manny had previously stated the VPI was to be used for 2012-2013. That constitutes a significant portion of months and dependent upon intro to the select females, the "breeding season" is subjective and open to interpretation when time is a concern.

For the sake of transparency, you should release the names of "said" individuals calling b.s. on Manny as well as posting the emails, if they indeed do exist.

he didn't ever say it was for the 2012-2013, he said he felt like he owed me something for the slugged out litters. There was no agreement on time frame. the first litter that he supposedly did was a mandarin pastel x keywest (please reread everything thoroughly)and another undisclosed female (again needed to know details) these litters were the ones that I was informed of selling under the radar. Im not disclosing who they are as this is a high profile breeder and they don't want to be black listed. I can respect that and its really unimportant information. Him not proving anything has ever said is enough to warrant me getting my boa back from him

Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
jendee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendee View Post
he didn't ever say it was for the 2012-2013, he said he felt like he owed me something for the slugged out litters. There was no agreement on time frame. the first litter that he supposedly did was a mandarin pastel x keywest (please reread everything thoroughly)and another undisclosed female (again needed to know details) these litters were the ones that I was informed of selling under the radar. Im not disclosing who they are as this is a high profile breeder and they don't want to be black listed. I can respect that and its really unimportant information. Him not proving anything has ever said is enough to warrant me getting my boa back from him
typo correction..mandarin pastel x squaretail..

Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
tommyhil4_6
Quote:
Jendee Campbell

Nevermind your right you did offer me as credit for the time he spent with you, but me being the nice girl that I am said I'm good with the vpi for the following season if he doesn't produce but want 1.1 if he does. I don't want to ship back the vpi as I'm trying to sell him to get me a nicer one. I'm going to have to ignore people and have faith in you BC I'm responsible for my word. Please send pics of whatever results with him. And please prove all my worries wrong!

3:41pm
Expand

Show Images

Manny Frade

the rent payment is for 2012/2013 not for 2011/2012 dont get it twisted Jendee.

_______________________-

?? You concede the you are good with the vpi for next season... Manny states the 2012/13 above.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
jendee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhil4_6 View Post
Jendee Campbell

Nevermind your right you did offer me as credit for the time he spent with you, but me being the nice girl that I am said I'm good with the vpi for the following season if he doesn't produce but want 1.1 if he does. I don't want to ship back the vpi as I'm trying to sell him to get me a nicer one. I'm going to have to ignore people and have faith in you BC I'm responsible for my word. Please send pics of whatever results with him. And please prove all my worries wrong!

3:41pm
Expand

Show Images

Manny Frade

the rent payment is for 2012/2013 not for 2011/2012 dont get it twisted Jendee.

_______________________-

?? You concede the you are good with the vpi for next season... Manny states the 2012/13 above.

yes lol of course he claims that!! that's what he said after I asked for my snake back scroll back to when he first offered the vpi

Old 01-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #18
tommyhil4_6
Quote:
You dog for lack of transparency, yet you won't openly reveal who "led you to believe" Manny was doing under the table deals.

It's "hearsay" and like in court, shouldn't be admissible based under "assumptions". Another big breeder? If he/she is big enough to plant supposed seeds of deception in peoples' minds, I don't see why they wouldn't feel confident in coming forward supporting your claims? Also, were you told this, OR were you given photographs/proof above an beyond typed letters?

Being the devil's advocate on this one. My deals with Manny have always gone smooth. Trying to clarify specific details that are potentially clouded perspectives.

It's customary to release "proposed" peoples names if brought into the BOI when they are mentioned and remain unkown.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
aSnakeLovinBabe
I think I need to come back and re-iterate that I don't think Manny is in the right at all here. I think he is trying to use the wording to his advantage, and that he saw her as an easy target to manipulate. I do feel that someone of his stature definitely knows better than to do things with a loaned snake and not offer any proof of what is going on. And the thing where his reason for not sending the original boa because it was in shed... I can't get over that. Who does that? Who uses that as an excuse... I am sure if he bought a snake from someone and they sent him a different one because the one he picked was in shed... He might have a problem with that.

But like I said... It was just a major mistake to accept the snake he sent even if you were afraid of things turning sour.

I just hope he does the right thing and sends you back your snake!

Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #20
aSnakeLovinBabe
When it comes down to it neither party is fully in the right here... But OP should at least get her snake back at this point.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!