TW International Wyatt in Texas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Scramblermike
TW International Wyatt in Texas

Hello,
Anybody ever dealt with TWInternational? Not sure If I posted this the way the moderators wanted it? Sorry If it is not in the correct format. Just trying to find some info. Thanks ahead of time.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
Scramblermike
WoW!
I'm not sure if I should have made my recent transaction. Thanks for the information I just hope my snake gets here safely and in good shape. I bought it as a b-day gift for myself since I turn 30 on 11-01-07.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
reptileking
Bought an adult 100% Het Caramel Albino male from Wyatt early last yr and all went fine.. Snake arrived very well packed and in good health then proved his genetics by fathering several Caramels this yr for me.. Id personally deal w/ him again!!

steve winkler
RK HERPS

Old 11-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileking
Bought an adult 100% Het Caramel Albino male from Wyatt early last yr and all went fine.. Snake arrived very well packed and in good health then proved his genetics by fathering several Caramels this yr for me.. Id personally deal w/ him again!!

steve winkler
RK HERPS
Did you read these?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=92956

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ad.php?t=101203

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=68526

Old 11-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #6
Pink Lady Exotics
Mike, did your snake arrive safe and sound? How was it shipped? I bought from Wyatt last year and it went fine aside from slow communication and shipping -- I was very happy with the snake I had purchased, he was very healthy and ate like champ. So I chose to buy from Wyatt again recently...an adult het clown female. He shipped her via DHL (ugh) and they lost her for 3 days -- they eventually found her and she amazingly arrived alive...but wound up with a severe RI and has been sick for the past 3 weeks despite being treated with Baytril, then switched to oral Cipro (which is still continuing). She still isn't better, has been losing weight, and now I have a strong feeling she won't be breeding this fall as planned since she's no longer the "1100g breedable female" I purchased (she is now 963g). Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #7
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison
Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated.
Jen,

The shipping issue surely isn't Wyatt's fault. Has he offered to make you whole in any way?

Old 11-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #8
Pink Lady Exotics
The shipping issue was not his fault at all (aside from him choosing to ship DHL and sealing the box completely with no air holes and no heat), and he was really great during the whole thing. We kept in touch multiple times every day, every time I called DHL for an update. He said that if she didn't arrive or arrived DOA, he would send me her sister (the 1200g het clown he's got up for sale right now). She arrived alive and appearing well other than being cold, so we ended it at that. I kept her in quarantine and kept her warm, checking her twice daily to watch for signs of illness after 3 days of being cold in a box with no air. She took 2 weaned rats for me 3 days after arrival, so I thought all was well and that she would be alright. But about a week later, she developed a BAD respiratory infection. The first day it was the slight signs, the second day it was all-out wheezing and gurgling. I had her seen immediately by my main vet, who prescribed Baytril. She didn't respond and started getting worse, so I brought her to a new, more experienced herp vet outside Madison. He prescribed oral Cipro every 48 hours, which she has been on for about 3 weeks now. Since she first got sick, I have sent Wyatt multiple e-mails updating him on her illness, what she was being treated with, what the vet said, how she was doing -- and have heard nothing back at all.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:11 AM   #9
Jim O
This is a tough one. She was well enough to eat three days after arrival and developed the RI about 10 days after you received her. I don't know that he "owes" you anything in this case, but follow-up would be nice. But then follow-up is not his strong suit as we have seen.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 AM   #10
Pink Lady Exotics
I had to go back through my e-mails and vet records to get the exact timeline. She was shipped on September 25th at 5:35pm, delivered September 28th at 10:07am. First vet visit for Baytril prescription was October 2nd. So I was off, it was 4 days later that she got sick. According to her records, she ate the 2 weaned rats on September 29th and October 1st (one each night). Her weight upon arrival was 1054g and her current weight is now 963g.

I'm not asking anything from him and didn't do so in any of my e-mails. I just wanted to let him know what was going on with hopes that he would choose to forego using DHL for any other animal shipments after what this snake had been through, and to see if he had any more history on her (like if she had ever gotten sick in the past or if any of his others had been sick around the time she was shipped), and if he had any suggestions on how to help her since it's taking so long for her to beat this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
damion wyatt, tw international